change in income

Options
Hi,

Half way through IPA when we were assessed my income was averaged at £1437 but since middle of last yr my average income has been £1400 and this month it was £1374 I notified OR who said that we can do an new I&E but worried that they might not allow amount or things that were previously allowed.

Also notified them that hubby has been off 2 days last week due to long term illness, and does not get paid sick pay, therefore loss of £120 approx he has an IPA as well but OR said unless this drop is permanant then we cann't reduce IPA'S this month.

What do I do

Comments

• aleabby
    Options
    Well its normal, when one don't inform their leave the company deduct from his pay as penalty, check this month, if happen same thing then tell you husband to talked to his manager.
  • Queen
    Queen Posts: 788 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

It won't make any difference talking to his manager, they don't get sick pay, but thought that OR would have reduced IPA for just this month only to accomodate drop in income for this month.

With regards to my pay I will check what it is this month but when I have done an average since April 2010 of my income its been £1418 and not £1437 so think next month I will need to be re-assessed by worried that they may reduce amounts that was previously agreed anyone been in the same situation
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The amounts have been agreed so they shouldn't lower them at all. Just submit the new SoA with the figures you have already agreed on and your new income. If you have a small deficit, leave it and say you are working to get it under control. If you have a large deficit then you will need to cut some of the extreneous stuff. Though I seem to remember you have an IPA that is quite hefty-ish. Don't forget you also will be assesed under the old rules and not the new rules, thankfully.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills