>>ASDA Pension scheme HELP

Options
2»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left in 2006, left it completely inactive, didnt respond to the letters, in the end they told me the cash in value (about £500) and if I didnt respond to the letter in a fixed length of time they would send me the cheque and cash the plan in, I didnt understand that so they sent me the cheque and I put it towards my house deposit

A rough yardstick is that when you left you would have had the transfer value of around £5k (guess but its typically around ten times more) or your contributions returned which were £500 after tax and NI. You chose the worst option.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • WaxiesDargle
    WaxiesDargle Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    In that case it's gone! You can't transfer it because it doesn't exist any more. You had a refund of contributions, which you can do if it's a small amount. End of story!

I think split second knows it'd gone...he/she has received a cheque and put it towards a house deposit..well that's as far as I can make out reading their post....not sure what your getting at. End of story!

;)
  • EternallyGrateful
    Options
    ianparky wrote: »
    I left asda around 7 yrs ago now and was paying into the asda pension scheme for a few yrs,i had totally forgotten about this until recently,does anybody know how i would go about transfering it or who o speak to about it?

You probably need to start with the Asda Pensions Team which is based at Asda House in Leeds. email [EMAIL="pensions@asda.co.uk"]pensions@asda.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Alternatively you can contact Prudential quoting "Asda Pension Plan" and your NI no. They will be able to give you an up to date valuation and a transfer value.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure