We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NHS dentist Edinburgh

Options
Can anyone recommend a nhs dentist in Edinburgh who is good with nervous patients. I had been with Craigcentiny Dental practice who had built up my confidence but they have went private and are totally out of my price ability.
I know I need work done and am scared to bits but need to do something about it soon.

Comments

• Chimpofdoom
    Options
    There's one in Morningside that my OH goes to, going to sign up there myself after my last appt with my dentist in Perth.

I'll look up the name when I get home tonight!
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
  • SilverBell
    Options
    I go to Meadowbank Dental Practice in Earlston Place and I think they're great. I get really nervous as well but I've never had any problems and they are always helpful and friendly.

I had an appointment a few days ago and there was definitely a sign up saying 'new NHS patients welcome'.
  • MINMOUSE
    MINMOUSE Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the posts - there are a few around where i live that have nhs signs up but i have no idea what they hence the post. Someone had mentioned a practie in Duncan St but had not been themselves.
  • kerrydrobertson
    Options
    Ive just registered at Pearl Dental Clinic just up from Duddingston towards Craigmillar. Havent been yet, got my 1st appointment on Wed
  • welda
    welda Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    There is one at Ocean Terminal, across from Brittania Spice, I've been twice now for check ups, they seem very good!

Linky http://www.oceandrivedentalcare.co.uk/
  • ljw2701
    ljw2701 Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2011 at 10:46PM
    Options
    If you're willing to consider outside Edinburgh I can recommend the Roslin Dental Practice in Midlothian - very friendly & efficient plus I saw recently that they were taking on new NHS clients.

Myself and my children have been registered there for a few years now with absolutely no problems.
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    There's also one in Great Junction street, I've started going to her and so far she has been really good. I don't qualify for n.h.s treatment but most of the rest of my family does and they have all been happy there.
  • scot88
    scot88 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
  • Lima
    Lima Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    I use a NHS dentist on Portobello High Street. There are quite a few NHS dentists down there. Details below. I use Anthony and find him very good and never given me any pain. Have had a few extractions before and been okay.

Brighton Place Dental Centre 216, Portobello High St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH15 2AU Tel: 0131 669 2995
  • spaceboy
    spaceboy Posts: 1,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive just registered at Pearl Dental Clinic just up from Duddingston towards Craigmillar. Havent been yet, got my 1st appointment on Wed

I have had an appointment there, went ok, no fillings required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure