Where do I claim AMAP on my self-assessment return?

Options
I'm thinking ahead to next year as I had very little mileage to claim this year, but having just sat down and filled in my return I didn't spot anywhere to declare AMAP mileage payments?

I certainly didn't spot it and none of the so called 'help sheets' were actually helpful. They're great for telling you how much to claim, but skirt around the issue of where to claim it.

Regards,
Jason.

Comments

• ceeforcat
    ceeforcat Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    Options
    Had to look up AMAP as i had never used that abbreviation but, anyway, what is the basis of your claim?

Were you paid any milaeage by your employer?

It goes in 'business travel and subsistence expenses section'.
  • jarthurs
    jarthurs Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    ceeforcat wrote: »
    Had to look up AMAP as i had never used that abbreviation but, anyway, what is the basis of your claim?

Were you paid any milaeage by your employer?

It goes in 'business travel and subsistence expenses section'.

I'm self-employed and use my personal car for travelling to and from clients. Previously I used to keep receipts and claim for the petrol and a percentage of the running costs (based on mileage). I've purchased a much more economical vehicle this financial year and intend to go over to AMAP rather than actual expenses.

As last year was pretty lean I only filed a short return this year, so I assume the 'business travel and subsistence expenses section' was in the detailed version.

Thanks,
    Jason.
  • ceeforcat
    ceeforcat Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry - I had presumed that you were in employment (don't know why - probably because I have never been a fan of AMAP for self-employed people and never use it). I would imagine that it goes in Car, Van and travel expenses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure