I want a corner sofa bed

Hiya,
I'm looking for a decent corner sofa bed. Leather or faux leather please. I've looked on ebay but there are so many and can't find decent reviews on them either. I did message a few buyers but haven't had any answers.
Budget is max 700 pounds, has to last and be robust as I have 2 little'uns. Also bed has to be comfortable and got to be right hand facing.
Anybody can help me please?
Thanks
:hello:

Comments

• I wanted almost exactly the same thing a few months ago, and ended up getting a sofa from Nabru (nabru.co.uk). I actually first found out about them on the Freebies board :money:, as they give free fabric samples (including faux leather) for you to look at at home, and they won me over with their prices and options.

Nabru are basically an Ikea-style sofa company, in that the sofas are modular and arrive flat-packed (on a crate). But this does mean that you can design your own sofa down to almost every detail - I ended up choosing a three-seater (single plus extra-wide) with no arm on the right-hand side, and a three-seater with single sofa bed and a low narrow arm (you'll see all the options on the online design tool if you have a browse of the website) on the left, and I believe I paid £699 in the end.

With regards to their being flat-packed, I did a lot of Googling before purchasing, and opinions were pretty mixed about just how long they take to assemble. In the end (and you can see that I went for quite a big sofa), it took about 7 hours in all, with the help of my partner and then another friend who turned up just when our energy was lagging (phew!). The hardest part was stretching the covers onto the cushions, as they have to be very tight to ensure a good fit. Initially we just couldn't believe that they would ever stretch over, but I'm sitting here on my lovely plump sofa right now so can attest to the fact that they do after some huffing and puffing.

Some tips I picked up whilst reading reviews are (sorry Nabru!): the scotchgarding is actually just a can of ScotchGard for quite a high price, seems better to just buy some at the supermarket; the metal legs option are metal covers that just slip over the wooden legs, rather than solid metal legs; the "soft seating" option seems to be some sort of mesh - I never tried it in person, so I don't know how good it is, but although I was tempted to go for the "soft and standard" seating option, it seemed a bit fiddly to be fitting and removing the mesh.

It's also possible to visit the warehouse, which is somewhere the London area, I'm afraid I can't quite remember.

To be honest, I could rabbit on about this for hours, and maybe you're not actually interested in building your own sofa, but you're welcome to let me know if you have any questions. I went for it for the price and the ease of designing the exact sofa I wanted. I certainly haven't been disappointed so far. Good luck in your quest. :)
  • bazzaboo
    bazzaboo Posts: 244 Forumite
    Funnily enough I have found this website after posting here. I'm very tempted to buy one of these and the reviews generally are good. However one of them said that the sofa bed is very uncomfortable and I do need one that I can use every day once I decide to split the kids up so they can each have a bedroom.So could you tell me honestly if it is comfortable or not please?
    Also many sofabeds I've seen online have some storage and I saw one review on the nabru sofa that you can store stuff under the seats,would that be possible and can be easily done?
    You mentioned you haven't got the soft seat option so are they comfortable to sit on or are they pretty hard?
    I think I would manage to build it with a little help, and I do like that they deliver within a few days instead of waiting weeks for one.
    Would be great if you could answer my questions.
    :hello:
  • There is also http://www.intosofa.com/ where you can design what you want?

I think the two sites are pretty similar. No experience with them though i'm afraid, just came across them when i was ordering our latest sofa!
    :jHappily Married 12/09/09:j
    :jDS1 born 22/08/10 7lb 6oz:j
    :jDS2 born 08/09/12 8lb 7oz:j

• finkle
    finkle Posts: 16 Forumite
    I bought one almost as you describe from Tesco. I am so pleased with it and have had it about 3 months. Very comfortable..the L Shape part lifts up for storage of cushions and quilt etc. The main part is so easy to pull out and make into the bed. Infact the kids do this at night just the watch the telly. Anyway I paid £899 but prior to my purchase they were down to £699 as a special if I remember. Cannot rate it enough.
  • Hello,

I'm looking for a corner fabric sofa too. I'll like it to be a sofa bed but cld do without. I did consider ebay too but no confidence and dsf had pretty ones but over priced.
  • I found a blog about nabru sofa and they give out fabric samples freely. But if you look at some of the comments, I feel nabru sofa doesn't seems to be the best.
    modularsofa.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/nabru-sofa-review.html
  • I have had my sofa bed for a while now and I am still happy with it from the day I bought it. The price is great and even better the comfort! We went for standard seating (solid boards) at first it did seem firm but after a week it was great.

They told me the bed is for occasional use and my mother stayed on it the other night and she said she had a good sleep. As it is only a 6cm mattress I thought I would ask if they did bigger, unfortunately they don't and advised me to consider a mattress topper.

All in all it is a great sofa and comfortable sofa bed, I have recommended Nabru to friends who have bought and are also very happy!

A+ from me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport