Sundried in Madras? Product of UK??

Options
Tesco's poppadums state that they are sundried in Madras yet they are described as a product of the uk.

Please tell me they don't make them here then fly them to Madras and back for sun drying :think:

Comments

• PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would think they are made in Madras flown here and packed here,if you have an Asian grocers near you their poppadums are lots cheaper than any supermarket.
  • whitegoods_engineer
    Options
    If they are made in Madras and flown here, surely they are a product of India?

I will certainly try my local Asian supermarket, thanks for the info.
  • tod123
    tod123 Posts: 7,021 Forumite
    Options
    Was it the ready to eat cooked ones? probably shipped here in their raw state , then fried in the UK , making them a UK product.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If they are made in Madras and flown here, surely they are a product of India?

"product of" and the like don't mean a thing, but parliament is working on it.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2011-01-11a.168.0
  • kochi1
    kochi1 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Guess they are made in India then exported, funny to see that they use the old name of the city - its now called Chennai. Guessing they weren't sundrie when I was there last year, they'd have been well soggy with the rain lol
    At least the fish fingers are still frozen, that's what I keep telling myself (Truly Madly Deeply)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure