Tesco value items not what they were...

Options
There has been a thread recently where Tesco value washing powder was discussed and people were saying it doesn't dissolve in your washing machine draw like it used to, leaving powder still in the draw...i know this is true as i use it.

Also,

I have used Tesco's value low fat natural yoghurt for quite some time but the last couple of times it seems really watery...has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if Tesco is changing their suppliers for value products to get even cheaper items ie more profit for them but giving us substandard products? Has anyone noticed any other value products that are not as good anymore?

What do you think?

Comments

• mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, I stopped using their gravy granules as the gravy they made was slithery and textured like food thickener. The value sandwich ham has changed too.
  • tpsjrm
    tpsjrm Posts: 408 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, their Value Swiss-style meusli has doubled in price and contains less nuts and sultanas.
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    Options
    they've changed their value cat litter too (the red/white packaging). it's much finer than it used to be, grit wise. But my OH who deals with the kitty tray says it's a lot better. So at least that's one positive change I can report!
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had a delivery from Tesco consisting mainly of their value range, the washing powder is okay but no blue bits so likely the old style value one, cat litter - lightweight seems a bit of a misnomer - but as long as it does the trick. The muesli is clearly not premium but I prefer a more basic mix, didn't know it used to be cheaper. The soya milk is okay but I would have preferred a sweetened option in the range. Market value fresh fruit seems fine.

Anything startling I encounter along the way I will report back ;)
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • joeblack066
    joeblack066 Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Options
    The Apple and Blackcurrant squash has changed and its vile now. Loved it before! Much prefer Sainsburghs basics TBH.
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco value air freshener - can't smell it at all :(
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was surprised too at how vile the apple & blackcurrant squash is. I won't be getting it again
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    kippers wrote: »
    There has been a thread recently where Tesco value washing powder was discussed and people were saying it doesn't dissolve in your washing machine draw like it used to, leaving powder still in the draw...i know this is true as i use it.

Also,

I have used Tesco's value low fat natural yoghurt for quite some time but the last couple of times it seems really watery...has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if Tesco is changing their suppliers for value products to get even cheaper items ie more profit for them but giving us substandard products? Has anyone noticed any other value products that are not as good anymore?

What do you think?

i think you mean "drawer"
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JenniO wrote: »
    they've changed their value cat litter too (the red/white packaging). it's much finer than it used to be, grit wise. But my OH who deals with the kitty tray says it's a lot better. So at least that's one positive change I can report!

On the other hand, I personally find the new litter worse, it's too fine and ends up kicked out all over the place by my over zealous kitties lol
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    Options
    zenseeker wrote: »
    On the other hand, I personally find the new litter worse, it's too fine and ends up kicked out all over the place by my over zealous kitties lol

Oh sorry. Just wanted to add that I do have a fairly high kitty litter tray for the cats to step in. So we don't get a lot of grit outside of it. Just a thought for you. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure