Cheap brazil nuts!

Options
Hi

First post here. We eat brazil nuts (plain or yoghurt coated) by the kilo so I'd like to be able to buy them in large quantities, thereby hopefully saving money! A 200g bag of yoghurt brazils costs over £2 at Holland & Barratt :eek:

I recently found 3kg bags of yoghurt coated brazils (£17.53) and uncoated brazils (£17.80) on Goodness Direct's website, which works out much cheaper (about half the price) but wondered if anyone knows of an even better deal?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• star2007
    star2007 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    I got some brazil nuts in their shells in Sainsbury's the other day, reduced to 30p. They were reductions from the store's Christmas nuts range. They also had bags of mixed nuts and walnuts as well. In my store they were beneath the shelf with berries/ soft fruit. Don't know if it's across all stores though, worth a look if you're popping in anyway.
    Competition wins: 09/12 bottle of cognac; 01/13 combi microwave
  • toffees
    toffees Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    star2007, thanks. Will pop into our branch and see if they have anything.

Would still be interested to hear from anyone who knows where I can buy these in bulk.
  • Pembroke
    Pembroke Posts: 841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 January 2011 at 6:00PM
    Options
    http://www.britstore.co.uk/Hot-Chocolate-Mix-and-Malt-Drinks-Carol-Anne-/c50_811/p15743/Carol-Anne-Yoghurt-Brazils-3kg-bag/product_info.html

Same product as goodness direct but a couple of pounds cheaper and you may save on postage, but you would need to contact them direct as I can't find shipping charges on their website.

ETA Your local greengrocer might be a good place to buy loose Brazils if you have one.
  • LazyLizzie
    Options
    toffees wrote: »
    Hi

First post here. We eat brazil nuts (plain or yoghurt coated) by the kilo so I'd like to be able to buy them in large quantities, thereby hopefully saving money! A 200g bag of yoghurt brazils costs over £2 at Holland & Barratt :eek:

I recently found 3kg bags of yoghurt coated brazils (£17.53) and uncoated brazils (£17.80) on Goodness Direct's website, which works out much cheaper (about half the price) but wondered if anyone knows of an even better deal?

Thanks very much.

Why are the yoghurt coated ones cheaper than the uncoated ones? Would have thought it'd be the other way round! *confused*

Sorry I can't help with your nutty hunt!
    :o I'm a money wasting expert. :o
  • trish42
    trish42 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    home and bargain stock brazil nuts cheaply they are really nice

Thanks very much.[/QUOTE]
  • toffees
    Options
    trish42 wrote: »
    home and bargain stock brazil nuts cheaply they are really nice

Thank you Trish. I Googled home and bargain, but couldn't find the website. Could you tell me the address please? If you are unable to include links in your posts, please write it out "in code" ;) e.g. Money Saving Expert dot com.

Thanks again.
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In M & S yesterday, their nets of Brazils in shell were down from £3.19 to 99p. Not cheap cheap I know. They were at the bottom of the dried fruit rack in fruit n veg.
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • toffees
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions so far. I really appreciate the effort. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure