PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Salt scrub shelf life

Options
2»

Comments

• Jet
    Jet Posts: 1,624 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sheahoney wrote: »

Low blood pressure - Clary sage, garlic, lavender, lemon, marjoram and ylang-ylang

I had to chuckle when I read this! I don't think many people would fancy a garlic body scrub. :rotfl:
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks sheahoney for your advice.

I bought some sea salt whilst shopping the other day, so, as I am intending to go and wallow tonight....(rather than a swift shower), I will have a go at mixing up some scrub.

I never even gave Epsom salts a thought....what a twit.... :rotfl:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • sheahoney
    Options
    Di, any bottles or jars would work out, even a jam jar would be ideal, can get some weird shaped jars now, my friend gave me a old jar that contained toffees, with a press down lid, works great!

HAHAHA Jet, you would be surprised!!! i have a lady each month orders BUBBLEGUM perfume and shes in her late 40s and she loves it, and it smells of bubblegum so badly it makes me heave!

Whata - Your very welcome!!

Would you all like to learn how to make your own bathbombs?
  • debs2327
    debs2327 Posts: 1,172 Forumite
    Options
    these posts are brilliant i recently bought some salt scrub from avon it was gorgeous but quite expensive i couldnt compliment it enough to everyone but at the amount i use it`ll be very expensive to keep buying this one ,i never gave it any thought that i could make something similar myself , this is going to sound daft though but the salt scrub i had was small salt grains looked like normal salt, isnt sea salt large grains ? could i use normal salt ?, :o
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    :D:j:D:A:)
  • Yategirl
    Options
    sheahoney - I would love you post some of your recipes! I have been looking at making moisterisers and soaps and sorting out ingredients to buy so scrubs and other suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks YG
  • sheahoney
    Options
    Mmmm i added a post on this site last night about salt scrubs, i wonder where its gone, cos i thought i added it here LOL!

Who do i ask about adding a thread, so we can do recipes for homemade stuff, that way you can all make your own.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi sheahoney,

I've sent you a pm.

There are a number of threads that may interest you on homemade beauty products:

Home kitchen beauty treats

Cosmetics Old Style - Saving money on cosmetics etc

Old Style - Beauty & toiletries

Home made beauty products

Also if you have a look in The Complete Makeup and Body Care Index you should find more threads.

Pink
  • sheahoney
    Options
    Got it thanks, tried to respond, but your inbox is full, much appreciated! best wishes xx
  • fruitcake_2
    Options
    A a qualified aromatherapist and herbalist, another suggestion I'd like to make if you are making homemade scrubs using essential oils is to store them in dark coloured bottles for longevity. The oil (almond/rapeseed) is better than oilve as the smell is minimal therefore letting you enjoy the aroma of the essential ones...e.g lavender. Enjoy...and don't be afraid of making home products....not just cheaper but from my years of experience much better for you...x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure