Christmas Markets in Prauge ... tips??

Options
Hi all....
Hope this thread is in the right place!!
So, I have just booked a 4 day Christmas break to Prague for myself and my partner ... We have never been before and would love any info on must do's and see's.. places to eat... tours.. goes without saying - the cheaper the better!!
We go on the 16th December... and are staying in Andels hotel.. which I belive is in a good city centre location...
Any advice at all would be wonderful!!
Thanks all....

Comments

• bubblebathgirl
    Options
    my only tips our to wrap up warm keep your purse close and - enjoy
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Prague is a lovely city and one I really want to go back to.

If you're into ghosts there are some great tours which are lead by locals, you finish in a pub so the whole group gets to drink & chat for the rest of the evening.

When I was there we just wandered around, down back alleys and over bridges, it was a great place to just spend time exploring.
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    I'd love to do that one Christmas :) I'd prefer the German or French ones though.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooo we booked just last week, going on 18th December for two nights!:D
  • Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Prague quite a few years ago and I remember there being a clock there, which I think was an astrological clock, very impressive. The food back then was quite basic/stodgy but just the thing because it was ffrrreeeezzzinnngg cold, so take plenty of warm clothing. I think there is a bridge over the river that you can only walk across (think it was in Prague??). Its a great city but even our tour guide told us to put our handbags UNDER our coats, so maybe take a shoulder bag you can wear across the body.

Have a great time.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You'll love it, there's a fantastic atmosphere. There are lots of little craft type stalls on the Charles Bridge where you might pick up some little 'stocking filler' type gifts, and the usual tat mixed in with interesting Bohemian trinkets in the main market place. There were some beautiful Christmas decorations for sale when we went a couple of years ago. Prague is particularly famous for glassware.
    It will be very cold. Wear comfy shoes and warm clothes, you'll be doing a lot of walking. We didn't encounter any trouble apart from being approached by illegal money changers from time to time - it's illegal to do business with them and you are warned everywhere about this.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure