Pop Up Timer

Options
Reusable Pop-Up Timer

Turkey cooking guidelines are more a rule of thumb than an exact science, especially when you add into the equation variations in oven temperature, how cold the bird was when you put it in the oven, and the amount of stuffing used, which can all alter cooking times.

Our stainless steel Pop-Up Timer is reusable and removes all the guesswork. Stick it in the bird (turkey or chicken), and when it's perfectly done, the stem pops up. Can be used over 500 times.

This is from Lakeland but how are you supposed to see it pop up when the turkey is wrapped in foil :rotfl:
YouGov :) £50.....2/09/09
YovGov :) £50....11/03/11
YouGov :) £50....10/08/12
YouGov :) £50....15/11/13
YouGov :) £50....15/12/14

Comments

• maow425
    maow425 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd use a good oldfashioned meat thermometer and stick it through the foil (making the hole with the thermometer first) then into the bird. That way it won't be covered up by the foil... Silly Lakeland. Good idea in theory, but in real life?
  • linda-ann
    linda-ann Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Options
    I have been cooking my turkey the same way for a lot of years now and I won't buy be buying a timer
    but I intend getting one of their silicone sheets that goes on the bottom of the oven to make cleaning easier:D
    YouGov :) £50.....2/09/09
    YovGov :) £50....11/03/11
    YouGov :) £50....10/08/12
    YouGov :) £50....15/11/13
    YouGov :) £50....15/12/14
  • maow425
    maow425 Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    very good idea! I usually do a roast gammon for our x-mas dinner, and I put it on the rack shelf that came with the oven, and put a big huge roasting tin (just the plain kind from mrT's for about 50p) right at the bottom. This normally saves me from a lot of oven cleaning afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure