Glasses Deals Discussion

Options

Comments

• SelectSpecs_company_representative
    SelectSpecs_company_representative Posts: 159 Organisation Representative
    Options
    jonnym2010 wrote: »
    Be warned I'm awaiting my first pair of glasses from Selectspecs. There late and they don't answer emails. I paid by Paypal and if I don't get an email response by tomorrow I'm going to try to get my money back.

Yes they were cheap but I would not recommend them. Buying online with a company with no telephone number is always a risk and I think I've had my fingers well and truly burnt. This could be £100 down the drain.

Jonnym

Jonny, what was your order number, i'll look into this for you? You can leave your details here or message me directly.

We respond to all our emails sent through our customer services system, however, if you emailed us directly then we are unlikely to reply. Also, check your junk/spam folders as emails from us may have been moved to there.

Kind regards.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Select Specs. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how long after ordering are they shipped?

a few of my glasses are showing in "quality control" but 1 frame show nothing yet. will they all be sent together as this 1 frame is delaying delivery?
  • jonnym2010
    jonnym2010 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 26 January 2011 at 5:53PM
    Options
    It is my wifes account as the glasses are a belated xmas present.

I would also say that I have followed up our original Helpdesk Inquiry made on Jan 22 with:
    "Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:13pm
    Hello? Anybody there?
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 4:27pm
    I ask again, is there anybody there?"

Its disappointing to find that selectspecs are quicker to respond to a public forum than their own email system!

Also MSE seems not to allow PM to your account stating "SelectSpecs company representative has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
    The Selectspecs Helpdesk Inquiries number is #5288. I would prefer not to transmit any other personal data here.

jonnym2010
  • wenyi
    wenyi Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I am also slightly concerned about the order progress information on the selectspecs website.

It was impressive to see how quickly the order went to "In production" and then "Entering Quality Control & Dispatch Dept", just one step away from shipping.

But customers shouldn't get too excited, my order has been at that last status for EIGHT days!
  • lambie22
    Options
    Its a shame that i feel i need to come to writing on a forum in the hope of getting something sorted out.

I ordered 2 pairs of glasses from Selectspecs on friday the 28th of January 2011, as soon as the order completed i noticed that my account from a previous order was still at my old address. So i went back into my account to change my address, which i did. Thought all was happy. I then received my order confirmation from selectspecs which had my old address on the order, so i tried in vain to find a way of contacting them, only the online customer services, with the most god awful automated conatct system. Still not getting a reply when i came to work today, i contacted again.

So this is the exact back and forth, except ive removed my address:

Me: Hi I need to change the delivery address. I have recently moved out of 10 ****** Road. My bank account is still registered here.

Please can you send my order to

1**0 ********** Road
    OL** ***

Please confirm when this is done
    Thanks

pscorrect: Yes
    returnpart: Part 1 - The SS Collection, Jazz, 3;, Silver, 135/19/49, Rimless
    Part 2 - Savannah, A1885 - Black, 1; C6, Black, 135/17/40, Full rim
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 12:47pm - Customer SupportHi!
    Thank you for your email, unfortunately it is too late to change the address, apologies.
    Warmest regards,
    Helen Z.
    SelectSpecs.com Support
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 1:05pmSo what happens now then? because my glasses will be sent to an incorrect address! Please can you ensure that my delivery is sent to the correct address that i updated at the time of ordering!
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 2:02pm - Customer SupportHi!
    Thank you for your email, the glasses were shipped here:

Chris Charlick
    10 ****** Road,
    MANCHESTER
    M** ***
    Warmest regards,
    Helen Z.
    SelectSpecs.com Support

Mon, Jan 31 2011 2:10pmHow can the glasses have been shipped??? they were only ordered on friday!! Im sure this is more than enough time for you to contact your supplier and update my address. Please can you address my concerns that an order will be sent to an incorrect address, instead of regurgitating the same answers.
    I need you to change the delivery address on this order, this order was made on friday the 28th of January.

This was the last i heard from them, okay so it was only to hours ago but now my order of 2 pair of glasses are going to my old address (which i had to move out of due to very personal reason, that i have been advised by Police to stay away from for my safety)

I need to get this address changed but they seem to want to let me do this and are insistent with their 'warm regards' to send my delivery elsewhere!

No customer service at all
  • tifo
    Options
    my glasses are stuck in "glazing" for the last week, am told they have a 'slight' delay in there.

and my invoice is for less than i paid !!
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    I have never been to this forum before but I did know about buying spectacles on line. Just want to ask if it is possible to buy varifocals. Strange thing is that I can read better witout glasses than with varifocals.
  • tifo
    Options
    got an email saying glasses have been shipped but the account still states "in glazing". Wouldn't the email be sent AFTER they are in the "shipped" process and thus marked "complete"?

SS rep, please help, I get no response form the "helpdesk" enquiry (funny how they use the word 'help').
  • scorpio1911
    Options
    I stumbled across this site netpricedesignersepctacles.com after checking out some of the others your recommended. Found Bvlgari frames I wanted £30 cheaper than selectspecs.com including lenses. Scanned my prescription and emailed direct to optician as had problems entering it on template provided, next day advised being processed, following day dispatched and they arrived special delivery 2 days later. Great price and good service which don't often go hand in hand and 1 year guarantee.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    I stumbled across this site netpricedesignersepctacles.com

Hmm, new user, first post. You wouldn't happen to be named Paul and live in Lincolnshire by any chance? :)
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business