Good reliable builder, Glasgow

Options
Hi,
as the title says, does anyone have a personal recommendation for a good, reliable builder to carry out work in the Glasgow area?
We are at a stage where we are bursting out of our present house and will have to move or improve/extend.
We are considering either double storey side extension or single storey rear extension with removal of supporting wall/installation of rsj in order to knock together small dining room and tiny kitchen together. We have plenty room to extend.
The attraction of just flitting to big new house is strong, but we live in a nice area and are within walking distance of our younger children's school, it's easy to get anywhere you want to go, so..... what to do??
We shall need to see how costs for each option add up and take it from there.
Thanks in advance. All advice is always appreciated.
Linda x

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ...................anyone??????
    Someone must know a good builder?? ;););)

Linda x
  • this post is really interested and informatic.it contain good stuff .
  • msfoxymax
    msfoxymax Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    this post is really interested and informatic.it contain good stuff .

Spam. Reported
    I love my New Year's day baby girl Olivia xx:happyhearxx
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could try AB Carpenters, run by 2 very pleasant guys Adam and Neal. They fitted windows in our Guide Hall and made a very good job of it. They also do extensions, so worth approaching.

If you cannot track them down, send me a PM and I will get you their phone number.
  • thriftybabe
    Options
    To get an idea of costs if it is a bog standard extension it is about £1000 square metre. If it has fancy bits in it it will go up a bit but should be no more than £1200 per square metre. This should give you an idea of your costs and then you can compare it with buying a new house.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport