Ideas for different types of stuffing?

Options
What stuffing do you make for Christmas lunch? We're having turkey and will be doing chestnut stuffing (traditional in my family) and sage and onion (traditional in his), but my husband wants a third as well. I fancied something different from tyme and parsley (traditional in his) so that we are combining both family traditions and something new. This is our second Christmas together but first in our own house and we are having both families over for the day.

Comments

• ashli_2
    ashli_2 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    How about something fruity like plum and ginger, or cranberry and orange? Both go really well with turkey. :D
    Total Original Debt: £30404.24
    Current debt: £18586.16
    Total Paid: £11857.74 38.95% :T
  • gooismeid
    gooismeid Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    We made up some stuffing when we ran out of packet stuffing once, which was utterly delicious - but I can't tell you quantities because we just bunged it all in! Basically it was sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, grated onion, and lots of no-soak prunes cut up small, with some sage and garlic, a bit of salt and a lot of pepper. I remembered having something similar once in France and it was fantastic. Went really well with chicken so I imagine it'll be good with turkey too.
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.
  • TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    Heth,
    Apart from the traditional stuffing in the Turkey, I like making different stuffings besides and always every year on the look out for new recipes, as I think they add to the dinner. I found a recipe a few years ago which is called Pistachio and nut stuffing and I actually make it throught the year as it is marvellous with salads or a dinner, hot or cold - haven't seen this recipe anywhere since - would you like the recipe?

I even made it for a buffet a few weeks ago and everyone wanted the recipe!
  • tinselfairy
    Options
    Serves 6-8
    Line a loaf tin. Combine in a bowl 5oz ciabatta breadcrumbs, 3tbsp raisins, 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped, 3tbsp pine nuts, 4oz grated parmesan, 3tbsp fresh chopped parsely, 3 eggs and 2oz melted butter. Bake for 25-30 mins in a oven at 190oc/Gas 5.
    Don't pack the stuffing into the tin too firmly.
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • Heth_2
    Heth_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    TOBRUK wrote:
    Heth,
    Apart from the traditional stuffing in the Turkey, I like making different stuffings besides and always every year on the look out for new recipes, as I think they add to the dinner. I found a recipe a few years ago which is called Pistachio and nut stuffing and I actually make it throught the year as it is marvellous with salads or a dinner, hot or cold - haven't seen this recipe anywhere since - would you like the recipe?

I even made it for a buffet a few weeks ago and everyone wanted the recipe!

Thanks, it sounds good but unfortunately I forgot to say it has to be nut free...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure