I'm looking for a 0-4 friendly christmas tree

Options
Strange request, but does anyone know of a child friendly Christmas tree?

I work in a children's centre where our clients are 0-4 and we want something that won't be knocked over. Doesn't have to be an actual tree either. Something flat that can hang up on the wall would be good. Like this, but bigger and not an advent calender?

Any ideas?

Comments

• pink_phantom
    Options
    Can't you get a big board and get the kids to paint one or make it and stick decs on it?
    Wildly my mind beats against you, yet the soul obeys. :heartpuls

Murphys "No more pies club" member #70

Vivit post funera virtus
  • carrieparkinson
    Options
    my mate has got a big 1/2 tree. and its wall mountable. i think they got it from the garden centre. (it plastic)
    does my bum look big in this sig?
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to have a half tree that was flat and hung on the wall. I got it from one of the christmas catalogues though don't recall which one but something like studio or ace.
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When our children were small we used to put our tree in the playpen and then decorate the playpen with a bit of tinsel.
  • louise24769
    Options
    Hi Katgoddess,
    I know where you are coming from. I have a very adventurous 2 year old who would see climbing up a christmas tree as his right.
    Even last year when he was just 1, he managed to pull my Mum's 5 foot real tree down at least 3 times. This year she's not getting a tree - strange eh!
    We had a little real tree(about 20 cm high) from ikea as a table decoration. I brought very small bauble on it and 2 sets of little fairy lights both from ikea too!
    Even better after Christmas we put the tree outside and it has double in height! Hurrah - Another child friendly tree for this year.
    Good luck on your quest!
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • hobbesy_2
    hobbesy_2 Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    I know on our tree the branches are so flexible they could all probably be bent round towards the front to make a half tree that you could then somehow attach to the wall. Much cheaper than buying a half tree at a guess too

Keri -x-
    hey there's no money but we couldn't be happier if we tried
    £2 coin pot - £92!
  • louise24769
    Options
    Hi Katgoddess

What about this option

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/christmas-tree-poster/index.html

GREAT FUN!
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    when mine were little we just had a small tree and put it up on a shelf or table :)
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I found kittens a bigger challenge than small children with a Christmas tree.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure