First time buyer

Options
I've just gone through a mortgage application over the phone with HSBC and we've had our DIP approved :). We have to provide x3 month payslips, x3 month bank statements and passports. No issues with this as we can prove income etc. My question is, i repaid a personal loan of 3k in December last year with my bonus from work. I presume the fact i've paid this off and have no c.cards or other loans/debts will mean the underwriters aren't too worried when they see the outgoing sum on my bank statement? I don't know enough about what they look at etc so any advice would be appreciated. I really hope the fact we've passed the credit check and can prove our incomes will get us approved.
Other info - mortgage is a 2yr fixed. LTV 80%.
We have a bit of leeway as they are willing to lend more than we need to actually borrow.

Comments

• xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry to ask a question rather than give an answer

can you possibly tell me how much mortgate did HSBC agreed to give you in multiple of salary and approx how much % deposit you have?
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Does your bank statements for the last 3 months show you overdrawen at all??
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Hartington
    Options
    sure - 3.5 x our combined salaries and we have a 20% deposit. it was about the best we could find at the moment. we did our own research and also used a broker and he couldn't find us anything better at the moment so we went with it.
  • Hartington
    Options
    i think i've been overdrawn a bit but not consistently, never over the o/d limit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure