matalan ribbon

Options
can anyone help me find a beautiful wired ribbon i have seen in matalan, sadly they only had 1 opened and grubby roll left, i have been to my 3 nearest stores with no luck

it is about 3" wide, white satin with a snowflake embossed on it, i dont know how to put a link to the picture on matalan xmas site.

or if you think you might have seen something like it and know the store please let me know - i have scoured web pages but can see nothing even close.

many thanks
yes you can beat it :j - everyday is a bonus - use it well

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.matalan.co.uk/dynamic/enlarge.asp?i=SCAT115-1965

This one, well I am going to our local store next week and will have a look for you, if they have some I'll get one and post it to you

You can order online from them I think but no idea what the postage costs are.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • boobless
    boobless Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    thanks lil-me

had a good look at their site but you cant order on line, they advise to ring each store in turn, and i dont want to spend huge amounts on phone calls for a few pounds of ribbon.

thank you so much for your kind offer, i would be very grateful
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If they have some how many rolls do you need ?

Probably be going Monday if noone else finds you some before then.

And no problem, nothing more frustrating than not being able to find something :)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    wow, that ribbon is beautiful, i want some! lol
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh! I have some like that ... I got it ... count it ... THREE years ago :rotfl: from WHSmith in their sale for 25p:D

Will finally be making use of it this year:j
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • boobless
    Options
    thanks lil-me

i will need 4 rolls of it, i will very happlily send you the money first, do you think they would hold it for you?. i promise i am good for it, as they say.

i have decided i am going with the snow and ice theme this year, going great guns so far.

jetty - not if i get it all first. :T

ally - why did you not tell me three years ago :rotfl:

:rotfl:
  • starbee
    starbee Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Not much help with this ribbon I know, but worth waiting until after Christmas to buy for next year. I got 10 rolls of burdundy, metellic stretchy cord in Tesco at the start of the year, when the new year sale started, reduced from 95p to 10p each. I also got lots of tags with similar reducions. The cord can be used year round for other presents, as can non-christmassy paper. Tesco often has reductions like this to get rid of the last few items - probably cheaper than them paying for waste disposal.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a look in local Matalan here but they didn't have any ribbon at all :(. Just the narrow curling one - sorry!
  • boobless
    Options
    been to local store again, still no ribbon, i asked assistant if they could advise when they renew their stock or had a delivery " well dont know coz the lorry comes tuesday innit an if it there it gets put out to sell sometimes fridays " - ok fine i will check again tuesday or was that friday or wednesday if the lorry comes tuesday.

oh dear matalan your sales and customer service staff are letting you down badly - if i didnt want this so much i wouldnt bother going back there to shop. :mad:
  • kaja86
    kaja86 Posts: 619 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have seen some lovely ribbon on sale at Au natural. Don't know the price but I am sure it was cheap.
    ;) Newbie Comper ;)
    Wins so far-crunchie bar, Friends DVD set,
    Clynol shampoo + cond, LUSH Christmas set
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills