Changing dentist

ptkloon
ptkloon Posts: 185
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
Does anyone know how difficult it is to change dentists? I am currently with an NHS dentist and get a good service but have moved away and now live 60miles away from my last local dentist.
I know some people have had difficulty getting a dentist previously. Will I be better travelling every 6 month for my check up or is it easy to change to a more local dentist?

:beer:

Comments

• Lorne
    Lorne Posts: 770 Forumite
    Hi there,

Have a look at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/NHS-Scotland/dentistry/dentists if you contact the number for your health board they are able to tell you about NHS dentists in your area who are taking on new patients. I used it when I changed last year.

Hope it helps
    Thanks for the advice Martin! :money:
    Member no. 920 - Proud to be dealing with our debts
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Which area have you moved to? - I moved about a year ago and just checked the nhs dentists in my area then rang a few to ask if they were taking new patients. Found one fairly easily but am in a city so perhaps if you are in a rural area might be a little harder.
  • I would 'keep' your present dentist until you find a new one. It took me ages to find a dentist here, but then luckily stumbled across one just as they were very briefly taking new patients on.
    My other half still travels to Edinburgh to see his dentist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure