Auto electrician, Falkirk area?

slbhill
slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Can anyone recommend a good auto electrician in or near Falkirk?

My new year's resolution is to get the intermittent electrical fault on my car fixed so it doesn't tell me it's overheating when I've just turned it on and the outside temperature is below 0, it's only been doing that ever since I've had the car :o

There are several in the yellow pages but on past experience elsewhere they vary a lot in both price and skill, so a recommendation would be really useful.

Comments

  • ianian99
    ianian99 Posts: 3,095 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    slbhill wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good auto electrician in or near Falkirk?

    My new year's resolution is to get the intermittent electrical fault on my car fixed so it doesn't tell me it's overheating when I've just turned it on and the outside temperature is below 0, it's only been doing that ever since I've had the car :o

    There are several in the yellow pages but on past experience elsewhere they vary a lot in both price and skill, so a recommendation would be really useful.


    Make model and year of car?
    Could be something really simple but could still cost a fortune if you go to wrong person.
    Could be common fault with certain car and easy fix so post details nad I will have a look for you
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ianian99 wrote: »
    Make model and year of car?
    Could be something really simple but could still cost a fortune if you go to wrong person.
    Could be common fault with certain car and easy fix so post details nad I will have a look for you

    Thanks - appreciate it! :beer:
    It's a Citroen Xsara 2001 (X reg). LX HDI if it's very specific, 2 litre. OH is a very competent mechanic and I can do basics... but neither of us really have the electrical knack!
  • hi just registered with this< are you still available for advice??? apparently i have ecu problems with my 1.8 sri vectra, ot wanting to put into garage to find out as that will cost a fortune to be told ya or na
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    slbhill wrote: »
    Thanks - appreciate it! :beer:
    It's a Citroen Xsara 2001 (X reg). LX HDI if it's very specific, 2 litre. OH is a very competent mechanic and I can do basics... but neither of us really have the electrical knack!

    You may get a better response on the owners club forum rather than on here. Try the Tech section.

    http://www.cxoc.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards