We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LoveFilm - Pays you 16p for 10 weeks usage!

On TopCashBack.co.uk you get £15.15 for taking a LoveFilm trial for 14 days. I rang today to cancel the trial, and was told they would give me one month for the price of 2 to extend the service for me.

I have therefore been charged £14.99 for a 2 week trial plus two months usage, for a cashback of £15.15, a 16p profit!

Just thought I would share that one. A word of warning, cancel it sharpish if you don't want to pay the £14.99, send all the DVD's back straight away if you are only doing it to make £15.15 as you will be charged for your first month (I think she said allow 3 working days).

Comments

  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Seems a good deal but does anyone have any experience of gettting cashback from them? There are a couple of threads on here with codes which give you 2 months free trial and I think I'd rather use them than depend on getting cashback. I may be wrong though. Let us know when you get your cashback.
  • Do lovefilm still have a 3 month free code? Was thinking of trying it.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Best I have seen recently are the 2month codes I mentioned in post 2.
  • I would definitely use a 2 month code rather than relying on cash-back. I have yet to receive it however it has tracked and marked as payable on 31/01/11.

    I will update when/if cash-back is received.
  • tin_2001uk
    tin_2001uk Posts: 190 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi,

    My cashback was paid with no problems through Top Cashback :) I got £22 when they were doing a special offer!!!

    :j
  • I have my £15 cashback payable but i ended up paying for a few months.

    Had the 2 weeks trial...they ahve to have the dvds for one working day before canceling or some blah blah...then they swapped me to a 3 dvd a month scheme and suprise suprise when the dvds arrived etc i couldnt have got them sent back to them...i paid for 2 months and had the free trial..watched 9 dvds and made i think £3 profit in the end..still not too bad but its not an easy £15 x
    Need a new start..wheres good to live in the UK?!
  • I have my £15 cashback payable but i ended up paying for a few months.

    Had the 2 weeks trial...they ahve to have the dvds for one working day before canceling or some blah blah...then they swapped me to a 3 dvd a month scheme and suprise suprise when the dvds arrived etc i couldnt have got them sent back to them...i paid for 2 months and had the free trial..watched 9 dvds and made i think £3 profit in the end..still not too bad but its not an easy £15 x

    I agree, I was in a similar position but was offered the 2 months for the price of one and thought it was a good deal so took it. You would have to send the DVD's back instantly as soon as they arrived to cancel in time!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.