cheapest way to legoland experience

Options
anyone in NI been to Legoland and got tips on best way to travel / cheapes tickets and advice for when you are there...many thanks
My son is 6 in January and really wants to go here...he is a great wee boy and I would love to treat him....in an affordable way!! if possible. I may need to fly and have no idea about with who or to where??? price will be a big factor. Thanks for your thoughts.:o

Comments

• C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    do u want to go to the one in england or denmark
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Legoland is fab but is closed until Easter 2007. Would hate you to waste your time
  • Scrumshie
    Options
    Tesco club card points do a fantastic deal on Lego land tickets. Well worth saving for and using your points to purchase for next year.
    Recommend the experience, though avoid the english school holidays if you can.
  • travelling_light
    Options
    thanks for info ...aim to go next easter and will look to save tesco points now. What about travel any ideas ...which airport / where to stay for 1 night B+B etc....thanks
  • BusyLizzie_3
    Options
    Try lastminute.com for Legoland + hotel package deals - you'll probably need to wait until nearer the time you want to travel for this. As for flying, nearest airport would be Heathrow (very close really), but any of the other London airports would be possible. BMI Baby fly from City to Heathrow, FlyBe from City to Gatwick and Easy Jet from Aldergrove to Gatwick (and Luton, but this would be much further).

Hope that helps!

PS Tips for Legoland - get there early to avoid the queues, try to go on a weekday if possible, take waterproof clothing (some rides involve water) and your own food and drinks - there are lots of places to eat but they're expensive!
  • PandaPants_2
    Options
    I find lastminute very expensive. It may be better if you book well ahead with a low-cost airline like Easyjet. Or even a boat if its nearby.

Also, it may work out cheaper to hire a car rather than get trains, busses, etc....
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • tyronealan
    Options
    When you go to Toyshops like Smyths pick up Lego magazines they always have some sort of legoland offer like two children free for two paying adults. also try ebay for people selling money off vouchers or tickets unused. though try smyths etc. first. we went this year with our three 3,5,7 and they loved it. we drove over via dublin 330 euros and stayed in friends near windsor but plenty of cheap hotels in area. after all that the kids still prefered BARRY'S what can i say?
  • PandaPants_2
    PandaPants_2 Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    a gret place for kids is Longleat park, it was featured on BBC's Animal Park. I took my fiance as a surprise during the summer and we had a great day!

I paid £50 return flights from belfast to bristol, then £30 hiring a car and £19 (cheaper for children) each for a "passport" getting us into all the attractions of the park, including the safari park, safari boat, the bat mine, entry to the house and gardens, the wee train, the maze, the butterfly house and a go on the motion simulator. There was more but i cant remember offhand.

Check them out on https://www.longleat.co.uk.
    Vegas Junkie....

• PandaPants_2
    PandaPants_2 Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    Oooops, just realised you wanted to go in January!

Longleat would be more of a summer place!
    Vegas Junkie....

• travelling_light
    Options
    will have a look at longleat as easter is prob. when we will try this - thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure