boots christmas shopping

Options
Hi!

I'm planning to use my boots points to buy presents on the 3 for 2's. Has anyone tried that yet this year? Does it work?

Also, do I have to buy things in seperate transations to get the best deal, (ie, if I bought 3 £50 items and 3 £20 items in one go, would they take a £50 and £20 off, or just 2 £20's... if that makes sense? lol). or do they work out the best deal for you?

:)

Comments

• claire23
    claire23 Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Princessa,

I have just looked at this years gift guide and it says:

Your gifts will be arranged in price order through the till, this means you get every 3rd gift free rather than the cheapest ones overall.
    eg; 6 gifts priced - £50, £40, £30, £20, £10, £5 you would get the £30 item and the £5 item free.

You should be able to use your advantage points no problem for 3 for 2 as I have done so for the past 2 years.

Hope this helps you

Claire
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options
    i think (but i may be wrong) that the till puts them in price order and takes off every third item... so you'd get a £50 and a £20 free...

edit: beaten to it but I was right :D
  • mumof2boys_3
    Options
    Hi just lookeed it the catalogue and it says

"Boots 3 for 2 offer is even better value when you buy 6 gifts or more.the items will be arranged in price order so this means you will get every 3rd gift free rather than the cheapest ones overall"
    Its on page 6 of the xmas catalogue

So if you were to by items for £50,£40,£30,£20,£10 and £5 you would get the £30 and £5 one free
  • shazspice
    shazspice Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you can use your points in the 3 for 2 offer, I bought one item at £20 and two at £15 and it took 3500 points off my card :)
    How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard - Winnie the Pooh
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    yep i have used 3 for 2 no problems

Only problem i had was once when i bought clearance stuff they wouldnt take it using my points but 99.99% times they do! Most of the staff are really clued up on the points thing and are more than willing to help (the ones in my boots regularly check prices and discounts for me)
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    shazspice wrote:
    Yes you can use your points in the 3 for 2 offer, I bought one item at £20 and two at £15 and it took 3500 points off my card :)

Shazspice, how does that work please? I have 4000 ish points and I would like to use those to pay for the 3 for 2 offers online, how do I pay with my points rather than credit card, I thought the points could only be spent using the card instore or am I being daft.

In answer to the original op. Yes it is briliant. I have already done kids birthdays and Christmas Next year plus pressies from family who ask me to buy them something. Ordered items at £125, £99.99 and £89.99 got the £89.99 free and ordered 3 items at 24.99 and got one of those for free all in the same order, purchase through quidco you get 6.5% cashback and add code BFTF77 at the checkout to get 10% off over £45 spend and spend over £50 you get free delivery as well, does that make sense!
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gingin wrote:
    Shazspice, how does that work please? I have 4000 ish points and I would like to use those to pay for the 3 for 2 offers, how do I pay with my points rather than credit card, I thought the points could only be spent using the card instore or am I being daft.

Hi, hope noone minds me answering. The portion quoted is £20 + £15 = £35.00 = 3500 points.

You have 4000 points which equals £40.00

I'll add that you tell the cashier, before she / he starts that you wish to pay with points and that, say for example you bought somthing for £38.00 you could use 3800 points. But you can't add to it with cash, so you can't buy £42.00 worth and just pay the extra £2.00. HTH

You can of course buy the rest in cash but its a seperate transaction, which they will do for you.

I've got a £10.00 voucher on its way from pigsback, just intime for the offers :T
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    Linda32 wrote:
    Hi, hope noone minds me answering. The portion quoted is £20 + £15 = £35.00 = 3500 points.

You have 4000 points which equals £40.00

I'll add that you tell the cashier, before she / he starts that you wish to pay with points and that, say for example you bought somthing for £38.00 you could use 3800 points. But you can't add to it with cash, so you can't buy £42.00 worth and just pay the extra £2.00. HTH

You can of course buy the rest in cash but its a seperate transaction, which they will do for you.

I've got a £10.00 voucher on its way from pigsback, just intime for the offers :T

Thanks for taking the time to write that out Linda32 but rereading my post I see that I didn't make it clear (have just edited it!) I meant to be able to spend them online rather than instore. Thanks for your help :)
  • Princessa_2
    Options
    gingin wrote:
    Thanks for taking the time to write that out Linda32 but rereading my post I see that I didn't make it clear (have just edited it!) I meant to be able to spend them online rather than instore. Thanks for your help :)

points can only be spent instore, not online :)
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not sure about online, I;ve never bought that way, so thanks Princessa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts