'Exchange Only' Returns Policy - any way around it?

Options
A bit of a Christmas cliche.

My mother bought me the most hideous wooly jumpers for Christmas.

However, they didn't come cheap, she bought them in Ted Baker ... for just under £200. :eek: She said the store girl had advised her that these jumpers would look nice :mad:. She also told her that if I didn't like them I could return it in 28 days. What she failed to mention was that Ted Baker have a 'no refund' policy and will only offer an exchange.

We are a lower/middle-class family and spending £200 on a couple of jumpers is most definitely not a usual spending habit. My mother just wanted to treat me for Christmas, bless her.

So I popped into Ted Baker and honestly could not find one thing in-store that I liked. I did find some things I moderately liked, but nothing that justified the price tag. I'd much rather have the money and spend it elsewhere.

Is there any way around the returns policy? Could I get a gift card and sell it online or something?

Comments

• sweetcheeks33
    Options
    you could ask if they would gift you a credit note and sell thaT ON EBAY but they wont give you your money back im afraid even with the reciept. sorry :(
  • houseofpat
    Options
    This is what their website says:

Making a Return

Christmas Returns Policy

From 1st November all online gift purchases (excl gift cards) can be returned for up to 28 days after Boxing Day. In store gift purchases can be returned for an exchange or credit note for up to 28 days after Boxing Day.

http://www.tedbaker.com/About_Us/Our_Policies/Making_a_Return/Content.aspx
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get a gift card, sell it on ebay.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wasn't there a gift card reseller pitch on Dragons Den??

Can't remember if it got the go ahead. Possibly them or another gift card reselling site may be on the web??
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why not get the gift card but ask if it can be split into smaller denominations... maybe £25 or £50 each? Easier to sell on ebay maybe?
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business