Can I ask for a refund?

Options
I purchased a handbag last week for £1,275 and today I discoved it has been reduced by 30% making it £892.50.

Can I ask for a refund of the difference?

Comments

• tamsle
    tamsle Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    wow! that's an expensive bag :)

depends where you got it from. if it's unused and still got tags etc and you have the receipt i would take it back for a full refund and then see if they could re-sell it at the discounted price.

if you've already used it then i'm not sure, you could try but i really doubt you would get very far

good luck though!
  • sequin12
    Options
    I purchased it online, and would have to return by post. However I really want the bag. It seems silly to repurchase it cheaper and send back the one I have when I could just have a refund of the difference without the hassle of posting. It is unused and with all original packaging and receipts.

I was just wondering if anyone had done something similar?
  • paulfarmer
    Options
    If you got it online you can return it for a full refund if from an EU country-but phone them first and ask for the refund
  • discountmummy
    Options
    I would give them a ring and explain that you have just received it and have noticed it is now cheaper, rather than return the bag under the distance selling regulations and purchase another at a discounted price would they refund the difference to save on the paperwork?
    Failing that all you can do is return yours and purchase at the lower price.
    :hello:
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad :p:D
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I bought a 3-piece suite from Sofa Sofa a couple of years back, before it was even delivered I received a "sale" catalogue from them in the post showing my suite reduced by 10%. I was really cross and emailed them about this, and as a gesture of goodwill they refunded me £80 which was the 10% discount. Don't know if all companies would do this, but it's worth a try. If they say no, I'd buy a reduced one and then send the full priced one back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure