Kayleighpea's Journey to Debt Free!

Options

Comments

• Kayleighpea
    Options
    Well I have been a busy bee this afternoon! Sold some of the CD's that have been on Amazon for a year on Music Magpie for £6.80 so that is my £5 a day sorted!

On Chev's advice I have moved all my books from Amazon to Green Metropolis seeing as they have also been sat there for the last year! Think I will leave them on there for a month and if no luck I will get them down the charity shop and out of my room!

Just need to find somewhere to sell all my old VHS videos now cuz there are a fair few of them hanging around too. Anyone know of anywhere other than Ebay and Amazon?
    2019 will be my year!!
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    just thought I'd say good luck :-D
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi again, thanks Kayleighpea but it has taken about four years to get this far! :eek: Only due to the DMP and most of the interest being frozen tbh. We're still learning to manage our money sensibly. :o

Good luck with the books on GreenMetropolis - I use it as well and find it can be slow but most of the books I've put on there have sold (eventually).
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Kayleighpea
    Options
    Afternoon all! Well looks like another lazy day is on the cards for me - have been a right lump the last few days! But back to work tomorrow so making the most of chilling out.

Decided to take the plunge and join PAD but am just doing 50p a day to my Abbey overdraft - so at least if I get desperate I still have access to the cash! :p And if I'm good it gets another of the debts out the way.

Also helped mum out a bit and used the mobiles tool to sell her old phone and got £20 for her, so a good start to the new year for both of us so far!
    2019 will be my year!!
  • Kayleighpea
    Options
    Well i've been dumped this evening - fab start to the new year
    2019 will be my year!!
  • brummiebabe
    brummiebabe Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that kayleighpea - :(
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Kayleigh, on the upside having an other half is actually a horribly expensive pasttime......want me to give you mine coz he's costing me a fortune at the moment and driving me insane!
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • Kayleighpea
    Options
    Thanks guys, and I know you're right about the money side of things scuba. But this is the 2nd January in a row that I've been dumped now - it seems everyone's New Year decluttering is to get rid of me :(
    2019 will be my year!!
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Kayleighpea. :( Take care of yourself. *hugs*
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks guys, and I know you're right about the money side of things scuba. But this is the 2nd January in a row that I've been dumped now - it seems everyone's New Year decluttering is to get rid of me :(

Try not to think of it that way - these ejits haven't decluttered you from their lives surely it t'other way around they've saved you from needing to declutter them from yours later on. ;)

But the money side of things doesn't do anything about the hurt (but you really can have mr scuba if you want he can't be too far from you being in Surrey too) but for hurt we have christmas chocs (see considerate of them really), real world friends and mse friends.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills