PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

HELP - Flask problem

There I am trying to be a good moneysaver/oldstyler taking a packed lunch to Camelot at the weekend including a flask of hot water for cup-a-soups (not oldstyle I know, but wonderful to warm you up :rotfl: ) and now I've hit a snag. When we got home OH opened his flask, used some water and sealed it back up...now we can't open the bl**dy thing :o More annoyingly is that I want to use this flask to save me boiling the kettle every time I want a hot drink!

Any ideas? We've tried rubber gloves but no luck and I don't know what else to do :confused:
Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!

Comments

• Could always try turning it upside down and tapping the top on a flat hard surface, works a treat for jam lids etc.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Put some boiling water in a dish, invert the flask and hold the top in the hot water for a few seconds then try again.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'd be reluctant to tap it on anything if it's a glass flask incase it shatters.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure