PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

my cuboard list

Options
hi i have been asked to post the contance of my food on here to try and sort out my shopping habit once and for all i currantly spend around 450 per month on food for two adults and two kids age 2 and 7 ok here it gose

fridge

12 eggs
cheese 1 large block
bacon middle x6
hotdogs x4
18 can of coke
1 tub of marg
4 yougart
4 rolo yougarts

frezzer
24 cod fish fingers
2 pizza
1 beef joint
2 steaks
2 chicken breast on the bone
2 pork chops
1 bag of peas
1bag of green beans
1 bag of brocil
3 bags of chips
1 bag of fritters
1bag of oion rings
3 loafs of bread
2 tub of ice cream
6 choc lollys
1 choc sponge
1apple pie
1pack of gamon staks
1 pack of turkey steaks
1 lamb joint
3 packs of mince
2 packs of saugae

cuboard
8 kit kats
2 choc logs
3 picnic bars
5 ripples
2 box jaffa cakes
1 pack of cars cake
1 pack of choc biscutes
1packof choc chip cookies
12 packs of crisps
5 tins of beans
3 tin speggti
2 sweat and sour sauce
1 chilli sauce
1boll sauce
2 cheese sauce
1 pinapple rings
3 tins of soup
pasta
rice
2 box of weetabix
1 box of coca pops
36 cans of coke
2 lemon squase as well as 1 orange
also i have flour both sorts i have suyrp red wine stock cubes gravey mustard mint sauce apple sauce brown sauce bbq and tom sauce as well as cake making stuff eg crumble mixs ect

fruite and veg
i large bag of spuds
8 oranges
6 apples
so do i need to go shoping again on thursday as i normaly would to do my weekly shop what do you think
i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing

Comments

• Ruby_Pudding
    Options
    I honestly do not think you need to go shopping for another MONTH with all that lot in the house earwig - with a little inventiveness you could easily stretch that lot out until 1st December with the odd trip out for extra milk and bread. I'm sure many others will be along in a while to advise but take it from me you have more than enough to get you through, you really have.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG!!!!!! You have Loads in :beer:

Good god I dont know where to start!!

If you need any help, Im coming round to scoff :D
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • PONDSAVER_2
    Options
    errrm NO!!!!

what about milk do you have that?

Do yourself a meal plan for the next fortnight or so using what you have got and see how it goes.

When you need something write it down and then when you go shopping your not impulse buying you will have your list.

See how it goes and let me know how you get on. I too am going to do the same as my freezer is too full and need to deforst it !!!
    Lightbulb moment 10-06-06
    Total debt £36,996.70 June 2006
    Total debt approx £33,000 Oct 2006
    Jan 07....to be worked out but may have gone up GULP:confused: :mad: :eek:
    DFD March 2011
    DFW Nerd 111

19 jan 23 feb 5 weeks:( - grocery challenge £250
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Erm, question is if you went shopping what would you buy that you NEED that isn't already in your cupboards?

Seriously you could live really well off everything in your cupboards for quite some time - but it is scary when you are in the habit of doing a big weekly shop to let that habit go.

So just imagine you are cooking tea tonight? What are you going to have from your list above - write it down and cross it off the list
    Then what about tomorrow night - write it down and cross it off the list
    When you get to something and you find you haven't got one of the ingredients think about an alternative.
    When you're cooking a roast have you thought about using the leftovers in a casserole or curry etc?
    When you're cooking the mince think about whether the portions you're using will do two dinners? Or leftovers for a lunch.
    Keep going until you've used up everything on your list and then count how many days dinners you have created

Scary isn't it!!!!!!!!!!! How did you manage to hoard so much food and still think you need to shop????? The thing is lots of us used to do it, we all have habits that need looking at from time to time - and this is your time to look at your shopping habit.

*giving you a wee hug* Look at it this way, this is a really good thing for you because for the next few weeks you're only going to have to do little shops to keep you going and you're going to know exactly what you're going to be eating. So if right now you're stressed about money this is one less thing to stress about AND you're gonna see an immediate impact in your purse.

And once you've got through that little lot then you're gonna find loads of money saving recipes on here for when you are shopping for food again

Good luck!

xx
    Comps £2016 in 2016 - 1 wins = £530 26.2%
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER No. 428 2015 - £210.93

• lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK

Let me see here

Have you got tea for tonight sorted? Do you know what you are having? If not I suggest going for

Tuesday
    Fish fingers, chips & beans/ peas
    with rolo yoghurt for pud

Wednesday
    Pizzas with jacket potatoes & beans
    pud choc logs

Thursday
    sausage, mash & peas/ brocoli /gravy
    pud choc sponge

Friday
    turkey steaks with sweet & sour sauce & rice
    kitkat for pud

Sat
    pork chops with onion rings, chips, peas brocoli, green beans etc
    pud

Sun
    beef joint
    green beans
    brocoli
    aplpe pie from freezer with ice cream

Monday
    mince bolognaise & pasta, make it up and grate some cheese on the top for bolognese bake
    picnics for pud

tuesday
    eggs, bacon sausage, potato fritters beans maybe get some mushrooms ( english breakfast tea)
    pud

wednesday
    Chilli & rice with the sauce mince ( you need some kidney beans, and mushrooms & onions)
    Choc lolly for pud

thursday
    gammon & pineapple with chips and peas & broc ( whatever frozen veg is left over)
    pud apple crumble made with the apples youve got & cruimble mix

friday ( or sunday :) )
    roast lamb, roast pots, veg gravy
    mars cakes & other treats for pud.

saturday
    Steak
    potato & cheese bake
    veggies & onion rings
    Pud- ripples

Sun
    HM burgers jackets/ salad
    ice cream for pud

Mon
    Chicken breasts cut up with S&S sauce, rice & veg
    pud -cakes whatever is left out of what youve got in.

Now, Im sure there is more but below is what is left over that I havent come up with anything. I guess you can have boiled eggs & soldiers/ cheese on toast/spagetti on toast/ soup/ beans on toast/ got dogs/ crisp etc for yours & the kids lunches in the day. And this should EASILY do you for 2 weeks.

If anything, once the forzen veg has started to run out, Id go adn get some more frozen and also fresh veg, towads the end of next week. Otherwise, aside from milk, you shouldnt need to go shopping at all!! :j

LEFT OVER

cheese 1 large block
    hotdogs x4
    18 can of coke
    1 tub of marg
    4 yougart
    2 pork chops
    1 bags of chips
    3 loafs of bread
    2 tub of ice cream
    3 picnic bars
    2 box jaffa cakes
    1 pack of cars cake
    1 pack of choc biscutes
    1packof choc chip cookies
    12 packs of crisps
    5 tins of beans
    3 tin speggti
    2 cheese sauce
    3 tins of soup
    pasta
    rice
    2 box of weetabix
    1 box of coca pops
    36 cans of coke
    also i have flour both sorts i have suyrp red wine stock cubes gravey mustard mint sauce apple sauce brown sauce bbq and tom sauce as well as cake making stuff eg crumble mixs ect

fruite and veg
    i large bag of spuds
    8 oranges
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    thanks every one i know i have loads in but where do i start thats the problem with me i have all this food dont know what to have for dinner ethier end up buying somthing else or have a takeaway the weekly shop is habit to me i will just buy more of the same i guess so this is why i need to get it under controll i do have 6 pint of milk forgot to add that as well as 5 packs of supper noddles
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you like any of the ideas that I put, why not do a menu and stick it up on the fridge. I do this so I know in the morning when i have my 1st cup of tea, I know what I need to get out of the freezer for tea and leave it out.

Do you think you can break the habit of actually going to the shops? I know I used to just do it cos I tohught I shouold, and couldnt close the freezer door half the time :rolleyes:

is there a market near you you can get veg at?

And Id plan something fun for thursday instead of going food shopping with the kids. Id imagine food shopping with them is a bit of a nightmare, so at least oyu have avoided that!
    This Ive come to know...
  • LydiaSophia
    Options
    For a start I would suggest stop buying cola and so many biscuits. Cola should be a treat and you can make your own biccys with your kids as they would be much healthier and they would have great fun helping you make them.

Meal plans are great. Since using this forum I have not been shopping and have used all the tins etc in my cupboard and used nearly everything in my freezer. Feel better for doing it aswell. Soemtimes when you have just so much food you don't know where to start!
    Lydia

:T :beer:
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My God id love to be able to afford to have this much food in my house!!!!:shocked:
    No hun you dont need to go shopping!!

:think:
    fridge

12 eggs
    cheese 1 large block - grate and put on pasta
    bacon middle x6
    hotdogs x4 could add this to pasta or top on one of the pizza or hot dogs on their own
    18 can of coke - why so many?? id suggest leavign these out - will save money and familys teeth in long run
    1 tub of marg
    4 yougart
    4 rolo yougarts

frezzer
    24 cod fish fingers some mash adn peas and your away with these - adn your 2 year old can have too
    2 pizza are these bases or ready made pizzas?
    1 beef joint
    2 steaks
    2 chicken breast on the bone
    2 pork chops
    1 bag of peas
    1bag of green beans
    1 bag of brocil
    3 bags of chips - 3?? says me if you check the November Store CUpboard challenge i have 4.5kg of plain flour!!!
    1 bag of fritters
    1bag of oion rings
    3 loafs of bread
    2 tub of ice cream
    6 choc lollys
    1 choc sponge
    1apple pie
    1pack of gamon staks - how abotu cutting up in a carbonara type sauce
    1 pack of turkey steaks
    1 lamb joint
    3 packs of mince - shepherds pie with soem of the frozen veg you have, spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, basic pasta sauce, homemade burgers etc
    2 packs of saugae

Theres alot of stuff in there that is super useful and you can make some awesome adn healthy meals out of that.The lamb joint, beef joint, pork chops and chicken breasts on the bone have just given you three/four sundays of roast dinners with the frozen veg you have.

cuboard
    8 kit kats
    2 choc logs
    3 picnic bars
    5 ripples
    2 box jaffa cakes
    1 pack of cars cake
    1 pack of choc biscutes
    1packof choc chip cookies good god how many packs of biscuits?!? :eek: just kidding is a fair few packs there though
    12 packs of crisps
    5 tins of beans
    3 tin speggti
    2 sweat and sour sauce - these sauces coudl be used on the pasta or with some of the mince to make lots of meals with1 chilli sauce
    1boll sauce
    2 cheese sauce
    1 pinapple rings - with the gammon steak , some chips and peas and a ncie meal for you and hubby to have together
    3 tins of soup
    pasta
    rice with the chili sauce
    2 box of weetabix
    1 box of coca pops
    36 cans of coke - jeez more coke
    also i have flour both sorts - bake!!! you could make a victoria sponge with some of the flour, eggs an sugar (cant remember seeing it on here - and give that to kids instead of chocolate covered biscuits full fo god knows what gunk. Also make fairy cakes for their lunch boxes etc.
    suyrp
    red wine
    stock cubes
    gravey
    mustard
    mint sauce
    apple sauce
    brown sauce
    bbq and tom sauce
    cake making stuff eg crumble mixs ect - apple crumble - relatively healthy if you use a sugar substitute thing.
    fruite and veg
    i large bag of spuds - mash, wedges, jacket potatoes, roshtie things(?sp?)
    8 oranges
    6 apples

hun i think you have more than enough to feed your small family with - there is alot of coke though - cant say anything i am a coke fiend but its my treat if ive been good with my diet so its an occassional treat - am i right theres 54 cans of coke in your house - who drinks it??and is that a weekly buy thing or your monthly supply?? could you not substitute it for a diet brand if you cant do without or start using that a s a treat for who ever it is who drinks it.
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    make sure you prioritise the food, and use up things before they go off
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories