🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Duck Pancakes

Options
My mother has a load of aromatic duck but she forgot to get any pancakes for a buffet today. Have called the local chinese cash and carry and understandably not open today.

Anyone got any ideas? I have looked at the online retailers and searched for pancakes but they are all twinned with their own duck kits.

Anyone know if there is anything I can substitute? Or where I could get some today for my mums buffet?

Thx all

Comments

• brandy23
    brandy23 Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 26 December 2010 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Would you local chineese take away help you out do you think?

If not - get some tortillas from your nearest 7-11 and cut them in half
  • travelturkey
    Options
    Waitrose does them i think, but i got mine from a chinese shop in manchester. How about trying the chinese takeaway, they might help you out, could cost a bit more but worth it if youre stuck!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pancake mixture and bread mixture is pretty much the same stuff; flour/water, flour/milk, flour/oil ... and combinations of the three - all that changes is the thickness. I know people on this site are "a bit posher/wealthier than me", so here I'll prove my point, using a brand name you'll all love ... Waitrose! Here's the Waitrose recipe showing it's just flour and a spot of oil.

http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Chinese_Pancakes.aspx

This one, being called Chinese, uses toasted sesame oil for greasing, so you might have to adapt that part, but simply make your own.
  • anniemf2508
    Options
    Waitrose do them but they are alll closed today. Probably best to sub with tortilla wraps.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sainsburys are open lol ...

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    robpw2 wrote: »
    sainsburys are open lol ...
    I didnt say they werent, I said I checked them online to see if they stocked them

I managed to get some anyway from a chinese cash and carry in Leicester as I was visiting my nephew in the Royal infirmary there. Cant believe they were open though

Thx all
  • Blobby8_2
    Blobby8_2 Posts: 2,009 Forumite
    Options
    Woohoo just put my duck breast in the oven, I love it
  • boombap
    boombap Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Bit late now but I often use whole iceberg lettuce leafs instead of pancakes. Nice and crispy and obviously low in fat.

Yumyum!

S.
  • Blobby8_2
    Blobby8_2 Posts: 2,009 Forumite
    Options
    squee wrote: »
    Bit late now but I often use whole iceberg lettuce leafs instead of pancakes. Nice and crispy and obviously low in fat.

Yumyum!

S.
    Swine ! I can't stop thinking about that now !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport