Whittard of Chelsea coffee 'grocer' now in Junction 1, Antrim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
3 replies 1.3K views
Jon_CJon_C Forumite
465 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Whittard's has finally opened an outlet in Northern Ireland.

No more having to order in bulk off their website or stock up any time one goes to England.

The unit at Junction One is nice and big with a good array of fresh coffee beans as well as pre-ground and flavoured varieties. Lots of tea too.

Many Christmas gift sets are three for two.

If you want to splash out, try the Blue Mountain Jamaican - it be jammin'!

As with other Whittard outlets, you get 10 per cent discount on purchases of 500g or more of fresh beans.

Most pre-packed ground coffees are two for £6 which is good as they average about £3.75 each.

Mostly the prices are about the same as in other Whittard stores. It's just the quality that I recommend.

More details of the range at https://www.whittard.co.uk.

A fresh coffee 'grocer' is the best way I can think of to describe this place. Coffee shop doesn't sound right as that suggests a cafe.

Replies

• RiceyRicey Forumite
    9 Posts
    What hardware do you use to:

1. grind
    2. brew

Your coffe?

I have a Briel espresso/capp. maker (recommended by Which?) but its frother packed in.

I intend to check out these guys at Junction 1. Thanks
  • arkonite_babearkonite_babe Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have quite a good selection in there. I'm impressed.

However for anyone near the fairhill in Ballymena, Julian Graves is having a clearout (the store isn't closing apparently) and there are whittards instant teas included in the half price offer. I got a tub of Turkish apple for I think £1.49 or £1.99 IIRC it's usually £4 a tub

HTH
  • Jon_CJon_C Forumite
    465 Posts
    I have a cheap Morphy Richards grinder, always set to coarse because I prefer filter coffee. I can't be bothered with espresso-based drinks at home.

My cafetiere is a Hinari 1.3-litre French press (cost around £15 but hard to get - I got mine from Grattan) with 'keep warm' function because the base plugs in like a kettle. This cuts down on waste, although obviously if the coffee sits for too long it stews which isn't good.

Not very interesting I know but you did ask!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals