🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Uncollected Xmas food orders at Waitrose

Options
Last year I popped into my local Waitrose on Xmas Eve and picked up loads of bargains when they started selling off all of the uncollected food orders. I missed out on most of the really good stuff but what I did get was reduced right down.

Does anyone know what time they usually start putting out the uncollected stuff and whether M&S do the same thing?

Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ive not heard of m&s doing something similar,
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    So they sell the same food twice? seems wrong to me, should be given free to staff/charity
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • geordie_joe
    Options
    So they sell the same food twice? seems wrong to me,

Assuming it was paid for at the time the order was placed, and that they don't refund any payments for orders not collected.
    should be given free to staff/charity

If it's paid for they can't give it away, or re-sell it for that matter, until they have taken reasonable steps to to get it to the rightful owner.

In this case, I think reasonable steps would just be to keep it a reasonable time to allow the owner to collect it.
  • anared
    anared Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    You can order turkeys online for pick up in store at no charge in waitrose - you pay when you pick up. Last year my waitrose had loads of turkeys at half price late xmas eve.

ETA -it was from about 4.30pm
  • Rachel_123
    Options
    They pay for it on collection, most of it is from when customers have decided they don't want what they've ordered
  • anniemf2508
    Options
    The orders are paid for on collection, so not paid for twice. My store were just reducing these as they were found this week. There were some pretty good bargains to be had on Waitrose entertaining this week :)
  • jen_br
    jen_br Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Options
    M&S you pay for in advance for most things... but I noticed COSTCO doing a lot of reductions today with orders that customers left...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport