What's the best way to update dwp with changes?

Options
Hi everyone

I have just undergone a full hip replacement in which I am still recovering from an infection after the op. 3 weeks before the op, my consultant has diagnosed my right hip with Avascular Necrosis which will later lead to a hip replacement too. My movement in my right side is now limited also.

My question is, is it worth informing DWP and what's the easiest way. Getting the consultant to send a letter, or should I call them up?

I am already receiving HRM and MRC

Hope you all have a lovely Xmas.

Neil

Comments

• sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dodgyfeas wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I have just undergone a full hip replacement in which I am still recovering from an infection after the op. 3 weeks before the op, my consultant has diagnosed my right hip with Avascular Necrosis which will later lead to a hip replacement too. My movement in my right side is now limited also.

My question is, is it worth informing DWP and what's the easiest way. Getting the consultant to send a letter, or should I call them up?

I am already receiving HRM and MRC

Hope you all have a lovely Xmas.

Neil

How long is your award for or is it indefinate?

Do you think that you might be entitled to HRC now?

Merry christmas and I hope that you are warm, well fed and happy at this cold, icey time.
  • Two4Tuesday
    Options
    Did you call the DWP to let them know you were in hospital? You should call them straight away and give them the date of your admission. Then when you are discharged, you should call them again to let them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure