Digital Tv - can I watch on my other TV

Options
I have a Sony Digital TV that i can pick up all the freeview channels on - I think I have read today that i can buy something which will mean that i can watch the extra channels on the other TVs in my house - is this right and if so what do i need???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

;)

Comments

• Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    A Set top box would do the trick. They can be bought for around £50.
    J_B.
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    or a videosender, argos/lidl/toys r us/maplins all have variants
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mayflowers, you don't need to purchase a set top freeview box to get FTA channels on your 2nd tv as you effectively already have one built-in to your digital telly. I believe you can buy a video sender which if plugged in to your digital tv will send your other tv the signal. The best supplier is probably Maplins and I would further suggest that you check out my suggestion with their technical support people who I've always found helpful.
    The obvious limitation of my suggestion is that you'd have to watch the same channel on the 2nd tv as is being received on the first. The big advantage tho' is that you could also use the sender to send dvd or video signals to your 2nd tv. "Let's watch the end of this in bed.".............of course you never do -but it's a good excuse!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • davepop
    davepop Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    IMHO, a second STB will be better. A freeview box will be slightly cheaper than a video sender, and surely if you wanted to use a video sender then the TV would have to be on in the other room?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure