PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

what to do with old bottle of aftershave

13»

Comments

• oxters
    oxters Posts: 456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    riyazc wrote:
    just a quicky - be careful putting anything bar water & screenwash in your car's washer bottle - remember when you spray the windscreen it also goes onto the metal of the car and could cause some damage to the paintwork.

Yep, that's true. Old spice caused the paint on my face to bubble and blister.

M Jackson
  • cadace
    cadace Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For a laugh, sneak upstairs at the in-laws. Then find her fave scent and mix it in, she will go beserk. Worth the aggro I bet!! Only joking of course honest
  • i use old aftershave in my trainers when they start to hum.
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Dab some on a cotton wool ball and put it in the vacuum bag, voila home made vacuum fresheners, each time you vacuum it fragrances the room.
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    If it has a built in spray, use it in the bathroom or loo instead of a deodorizer, you only need a couple of puffs.
    If not, fill up an old spray bottle with it and do the same.
    It gets rid of nasty smells a treat!!
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • I buy purfume from the pound shop and leave it in the bathroom and every time the loo is used my family give it a squrt it lasts ages and our bathroom smells beautiful
    You can also put some essential oil on a cotton wool ball and put it behined your radiator in any room
    marcusesmum
  • I soak a bit of cotton wool or loo paper with unwanted aftershave or perfume and put in the vaccun cleaner bag,when you vac it makes the whole place smell luverly,alot cheaper and healthier than plug ins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure