What happens if you miss an Ocado delivery?

Options
Hi all,

A quick question regarding Ocado deliveries.

I am working away from home and should be home late Saturday night. I have arranged an ocado delivery for Sunday morning. I have until 4pm on Saturday to amend the order BUT- what if this weather continues and I am unable to get home on Saturday night?

I am in two minds whether to postpone it until Monday night and cobble something together from the corner shop (I am at college on Sunday, work on Monday so no other chance of shopping) or just hope that everything runs to plan (ie the train is not cancelled/ dramatically delayed).

I have Ocado CS number saved to my phone (I won't have internet access on Saturday) so I guess I could call them if problems seem likely? Will I be charged? Barred for life if I am not home in time??

Any suggestions will be welcome :D
Saving for an early retirement!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you are unable to get home then I doubt the delivery driver would be able to get to you either?

I would give them a call on Saturday if it looks unlikely that you will get home, they are usually extremely helpful and friendly so you should be fine.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    If you are unable to get home then I doubt the delivery driver would be able to get to you either?

Yes, because the weather will be exactly the same all over the country:doh:

The OP is working away from home, quite feasible that they would be a foot deep in snow where the op is, yet clear and snowless where the shopping is intended to be delivered.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • sarah1972
    edited 1 December 2010 at 5:03PM
    Options
    zenseeker wrote: »
    Yes, because the weather will be exactly the same all over the country:doh:

The OP is working away from home, quite feasible that they would be a foot deep in snow where the op is, yet clear and snowless where the shopping is intended to be delivered.

Really?? You mean the whole of the uk doesnt have the same weather at the same time?? Well I never knew that.
    Hence I have said to call them if its unlikely they can get home :huh:

If you look at my comment regarding the delivery driver getting there etc, it is followed by a ? so I thought the OP may say I am at xx and the weather forecast is xxxxx and the delivery is due at xxxx. Because equally it could be clear where the OP is on Saturday and a foot of snow where the delivery is going to be.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I am in Paris, so getting the eurostar and we all know how reliable they are in the snow.....

Think I will leave as it is for the moment and if necessary I will call Ocado on Saturday. DH reports that roads aren't that bad where we actually live but a mile or two down the road it's horrendous, so it would also depend on where Ocado come from too.

Cannot believe how rubbish everything is in the snow!
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can DH not accept the order?
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Imelda wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

I am in Paris, so getting the eurostar and we all know how reliable they are in the snow.....

Think I will leave as it is for the moment and if necessary I will call Ocado on Saturday. DH reports that roads aren't that bad where we actually live but a mile or two down the road it's horrendous, so it would also depend on where Ocado come from too.

Cannot believe how rubbish everything is in the snow!

I hope you get back ok and yep its easier to call them on Saturday if you get any probs, thats if they havent called you before if the snow gets bad :beer:
  • Hadley
    Hadley Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Don't worry your order may not be coming we have just had our Monday delivery cancelled again this is the fourth time I know the weather is bad but it's a pain to have to keep rebooking only to get it cancelled time and time again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure