We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Robinson Way and Halifax Debt

Options
I have two debts with the halifax that have been transfered to Robinson Way after beng with Logic. Both of these accounts are in indispute and as such I always beleive that they couldn't chase the debts. I have now reiceved a letter of notice of intended legal proceedings. Are they allowed to do this? I have also asked them 4 times not to contact me by phone but to put everything in writing as the CAB are helping me with my debts and yet again they have called me today?
Any advice?
The accounts are in dispute due to unfair bank charges.
Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A DCA can not knowingly chase a debt which is in dispute. For full information go to the Office of Fair Trading website and enter debt collectors in their search facility.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Write to them, recorded delivery, informing them the debt is in dispute with the original creditor. Don't give details of the dispute or anything else, just those basic facts.
    They cannot enforce a debt that is disputed .

However, did you send a dispute letter to the original creditor recorded delivery? If not then do so now.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • gerturdeanna
    gerturdeanna Posts: 4,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Halifax and Robinson Way both know of the dispute. Is there a template letter to tell them to f@@k off??( Nicely of course)!! haha
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family