Income drawdown-reinvest

Options
Is it possible with income drawdown to take the 25% lump sum and still continue to pay premiums into remaining invested pension until selected retirement date or is it frozen till then.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it possible with income drawdown to take the 25% lump sum and still continue to pay premiums into remaining invested pension until selected retirement date or is it frozen till then.

yes it is possible. You just end up with uncrystallised funds and crystallised funds under the same plan/account number.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MOUNTY
    MOUNTY Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    yes it is possible. You just end up with uncrystallised funds and crystallised funds under the same plan/account number.
    Please expand on uncrystallised!!!!
  • yelf
    yelf Posts: 856 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MOUNTY wrote: »
    Please expand on uncrystallised!!!!

crystallised refers to the funds from which you have taken 25%. UNcrystallised refers to the new accrued pot from the premiums since you took the 25%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure