Coffee machine for my parents

Options
I'm looking to buy my parents a surprise gift of a coffee machine this year. My budget is £50 and ideally it'll be one that use ground coffee and maybe capsules too (but don't want to limit them to just capsules).

Any recommendations? (I don't drink coffee so I have no idea.........!)

Thanks

xDx
Fear is temporary, regret is forever.....
:happyhear Baby girl born 27th September - 10 days late!! :happyhear

Comments

• tillycat123
    Options
    Dolce Gusto machine - Always has great reviews, have one myself and got my in laws one last Christmas. This time of year you can usually get the for the £50 - £60 mark.

Latte is the best pods but the machine usually comes with a free box of pods that are mixed to try.
  • ddebski_us
    ddebski_us Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Dolce Gusto machine - Always has great reviews, have one myself and got my in laws one last Christmas. This time of year you can usually get the for the £50 - £60 mark.

Latte is the best pods but the machine usually comes with a free box of pods that are mixed to try.

Can you use ground coffee too? Don't just want to limit them to pods.

xDx
  • Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Options
    Not on my Dolce Gusto piccolo, no. Just pods.

If I want to hae a lot of coffee then I use a cafetiere.

The Gusto Piccolo was £49.99 at tesco last weekend (I got it free with doubled up clubcard rewards as well). I have bought £30 of pods though from the website - lots of different ones to try - so pods will add up if you do just get a pod machine. I assume that's why you said you wanted to avoid it.
  • ddebski_us
    ddebski_us Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Kez100 wrote: »
    Not on my Dolce Gusto piccolo, no. Just pods.

If I want to hae a lot of coffee then I use a cafetiere.

The Gusto Piccolo was £49.99 at tesco last weekend (I got it free with doubled up clubcard rewards as well). I have bought £30 of pods though from the website - lots of different ones to try - so pods will add up if you do just get a pod machine. I assume that's why you said you wanted to avoid it.

Yeah, I imagine the pods get quite pricey.

xDx
  • Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Options
    I've paid £3.28 for boxes of 16. 20p/cup. However, hot choc and lattes etc use two pods (one is a dried type milk) so the boxes of 16 pods do 8 drinks - 40p/cup.

Not sure how much nicer it will be than, say, the sachets of hot choc which you get 7 for £1, but we will see.

I wanted the machine for espresso or americano, just one cup for me each morning. So, unless we find we love these different flavours, it will be affordable for us. I have only bought the selection online so I can see if we are missing anything! When freinds come I'll use the cafetiere unless they fancy trying something a bit different.
  • pjjafc
    pjjafc Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look on the argos ebay site. They have a lots of Gordon Ramsey coffee machines that look good...
  • nikki1520
    Options
    I've got a De Longhi metro - makes a big jug of fresh ground coffee, keeps warm for hours - lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure