Stompa Beds + Adult bed

Options
Hi all,
I am thinking of buying new Stompa high sleeper beds for my sons' bedrooms (one room is small and the other child simply covets one). At a total cost of over £2500 I thought I better seek advice. I have found them on this site but cannot find much about the online shop.

www.IdealHomeStore.com/Stompa

1. Are Stompa beds worth the "investment" - as one of my sons likes them, but will be going to Uni next year.

2. Has any one used ideal homes or any other online shop that may stock them. IH has a 6 month int free credit offer.

3. I always get confused when I look for a bed for myself. (I have read a lot of the pros and cons). I need one too. If anyone can advice on a good bed including a good base it would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• mirrorimage0
    Options
    stompa beds are really well made and lasts for yrs we had one for one of our sons and he loved it, but as he was young and tastes change etc also we moved hosue and the boys wanted bunk beds he eventually wanted something else, but we did re sell it on ebay for a really good price though. my sister in law has had 3 high sleepers since her children were little her youngest is 16 now and she has only just got rid of the last one, so yes they do last
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sil bought one for her son, it was well built, but tbh he still managed to trash it, she'd have been better buying him a cheaper one, imho, as he was a teenager so didn't get the wear out of it.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • jog
    jog Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Have you looked on Ebay?

We have had Flexa beds with our children, and got them from Ebay, for a fraction of the new price. We were able to get a new mattress, the rest of it although used had been well looked after.

If you know what you want then I would keep an eye on the secondhand ads / ebay to see if you can find it.

I really like the Stompa beds, but they are expensive when new.

Jog
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't pay so much for a bed for your son if he is going to university soon. There are much cheaper alternatives available.
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    They have some reduced mid sleepers and beds on woolworths, additons direct etc

mid sleeper £59

bunk bed £64

Use first time customer codes and even cheaper.
  • fumken
    fumken Posts: 125 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2010 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I will go for something less expensive. The bunk beds from little woods are great but I need wardrobe underneath for the box room. I came across this from Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6926322.htm - only it seems it was 1/2 price not long ago. Perharps it will be reduced after Xmas.
    I should not get too excited as I still have to buy my own bed and mattress, a sofa and maybe a dining set. It seems more stressful than buying the house.
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2010 at 9:51PM
    Options
    hi sorry to be nosy but where abouts are you living as we have recently bought new furniture for the house, we fount something we liked on ebay then realised they had a discount warehouse near us and popped along to have a look, they had some really good stuff at great prices, will toddle off to find the link

furnitureoutletstoresuks.gif( 2320iconRedStar_25x25.gif) s.gificontrsmini.gifs.gifaboutme-small.gifs.gificonStoresNW_20x20.gifs.gif
  • Tired_Mom
    Options
    We have a Jay be or Jaybe not sure how it is spelt midi sleeper for our daughter, there is a higher one. It is fantastically made and really sturdy. They seem to have stopped doing any of that sort of bed now but quite a few come up on ebay, look under both spellings.

HTH
  • fumken
    fumken Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    We live in Kent, Mirrorimage. I will google the warehouse. Thanks.
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    the one we went to was in wickford about 20 mins from us im sure they said they had one in leigh on sea too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport