PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

should I start digging a well?

My taps have run dry!

Fortunately, after I went to the loo, and after the dishwasher finished. Filling the kettle for tea, and it was all go slow, trickle, stopppp ....

Could it have frozen in the pipes?

Susy

Comments

• Phone your water supplier - if there's a problem there they'll have a recorded message telling you so,

If not, then it'll be your pipes :( but of course, if that's the case, the ground will be too hard to dig ...........
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Phone your water supplier - if there's a problem there they'll have a recorded message telling you so,

If not, then it'll be your pipes :( but of course, if that's the case, the ground will be too hard to dig ...........

I've just rung the water company - thanks for that - they know all about it, and it's all in hand.

I've put the pickaxe away.

S x
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have a mental image of you digging for water! Surely just gathering some snow would have been quicker!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Melted snow? Just chose a clean area to gather it. If you don't fancy drinking it (it's just rainwater after all) it's still fine for dishes and flushing the loo.
    Val.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    valk_scot wrote: »
    Melted snow? Just chose a clean area to gather it. .

Do not use yellow snow ;-)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    excellent advice from penelope - oh and I think you would need a mini digger to dig your well - or dynamite! that ground will be like concrete!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure