Going to do Voluntary Bankruptcy

Options
On the assets section of the Statement of Affairs it does not say what value the asset has to be to be listed!

Is it over £100, £200 or what????

I have a private number plate on my car, which may be worth £175. I am going to remove that tomorrow and put it onto a retention certificate. The car will go in the bankruptcy with its original number on it .

Did any of you have a private plate when you went bankrupt? Did the OR take it?

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the value is only about £175 - I don't think the OR will be interested. I had a very good Private Plate, probably worth £1,500 - £2,000.00, but it was taken when the finance company repossessed my car.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • sandralovescats
    Options
    Thanks!

In this day and age even £200 isn't really a lot of money.

My car plate has great sentimental value and I would really like to keep it.
  • now
    now Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    It would be nice if some of these posted how the are getting on a few years later :j
    If you woke up this morning congratulations, you have another chance :j
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Options
    A personalised number plate is something you need to tell the OR about regardless of its value.

Why take it of the car? is the car on finance or do you own it ouright
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
  • Tupperware_Queen
    Options
    lol, this is years old...where did you find it Now??
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg :( weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol, this is years old...where did you find it Now??

I know 4 years old eh!!
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family