We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Fixed term contract and mortgage

MrsManda
MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
edited 26 November 2010 at 5:06PM in Mortgages & endowments
Is it possible to get a mortgage if you have a four year fixed term job contract?

Conditions:
Large deposit
Low LTV
Good credit history - No defaults, credit cards paid in full each month, history of paying a mortgage
Six months of mortgage payments in savings

I think what I should've asked is: how likely is it that I'll be able to get a mortgage whilst on a 4 year fixed term contract

Comments

  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    I think Halifax will be your best bet, out of the main high street lenders
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.