We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Part-faded suit-should I dye it?
rosiecomelately
Posts: 8 Forumite
I have this purple dress & jacket suit that I put away in the spare room on a clothes rack last spring so I'd have more room in my wardrobe for other stuff. Anyway, when I wanted to wear it a couple of days ago, guess what? the right sleeve of the jacket and the right hand side of the dress where it shows below the jacket have faded! It was the side nearest the window, so I'm guessing the sunlight did the damage.
It's a dry clean only suit, so would dying it a darker colour work, do you think? Would dry cleaning it do anything for the colour, or would they be able to dye it for me? What do you think?
It's a dry clean only suit, so would dying it a darker colour work, do you think? Would dry cleaning it do anything for the colour, or would they be able to dye it for me? What do you think?
0
Comments
-
What fabric is it?
Unless you can get a perfect dye match you might need to bleach it and re-dye
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:0 -
You can't always dye over bleached items. I agree though, we need to know the fabric.It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards