We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cleaning Coat

I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and a horrible bird "did it's business" on my beautiful new red coat. I tried a baby wipe first of all - that did nothing. Then I tried sponging it with warm water with a bit of washing powder in. That has made it slightly better, but there's still a white mark :-( Any ideas of how I could shift it, without taking the colour out of the coat? I'd like to avoid the dry cleaners if I can as I find coats are never the same once they've been there and it's an expense I can do witout.

I know it's supposed to be "lucky" but I'm not so sure!

Thanks in advance.
MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j

Comments

  • janeawej
    janeawej Posts: 808 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Might the white mark, brush off when it is totally dry? worth a try!
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • janeawej wrote: »
    Might the white mark, brush off when it is totally dry? worth a try!

    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Looking at it now (I'm a little ashamed to admit I am still wearing it) it seems it is more of a stain. I might have a go with the hoover later on though!

    I was thinking of having a go with a stain remover but I don't want to damage the fabric. I do love the coat so if I can't get it out it'll have to go to the dry cleaners.

    Thanks again
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.