Advice please

Options
Hi, really need some advice as today was really bad for me. Been struggling for past few months - borrowing what was left on cards to make minimum payment and then there was nothing left. Never felt so ashamed as to ring all debtors. Some were very understanding and advised me to go to CCCs - just had appointment and have agreed to DMP. Having real problems with one credit card who have already threatened having a claim on my house or aoe. CCCs contacted who tried to reassure me but payments are due this month and to make minimum payments with the hope of keeping them away from my door is an option I'd like but practically I can't. Really wanted to just run ..... but I can't do that. Its great to find a site where everyone understands and really wants to help. Please help me ....

Comments

• misscutiepie1984
    Options
    im not sure about the whole house situation but most of the creditors just use scare tactics and talk is cheap..... i was with churchwood financial before and moved to cccs about 3 months ago and they are very good so you are heading in the right direction i can assure you!!!
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Well done you for taking the first steps to sort yourself out. I wouldn't worry too much about the ones who threatened you. A lot of them use scare tactics to get you to pay, but at least you're getting help from the CCCS.
    Just wanted to wish you all the best and keep us updated on how you're getting on with your creditors..
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Yes, don't let them bully you, they are using scare tactics to try and force money out of you that you haven't got. Stand firm, theere is nothing really that a credit card company can do (except trash your credit reputation), so take the advice of CCCS, stand firm and don't let thes bullies intimidate you. You are doing the best you can and that is all anyone can do.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • david_hellier
    Options
    Welcome. Firstly don't panic. Before we try and tackle your debts we need to see what you're spending and halt any overspending first. So post a statement of affairs (SOA) which is a full list of all your incomes and out goings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure