Amazon

Options
Sorry I know its not supposed to be here but posted elsewhere but nobody has replied and need an answer so I know whether to post this now or not.

Basically a month ago I put some old textbooks on Amazon to raise some money.

Haven't heard anything up until today when I get a message from a member saying they have bought my item and hadn't received it yet. I had no email from Amazon saying its been sold. Do they do this or do I have to check my account regularly? I have seen it has been sold but how and when do I get payment? Its coming up on Amazon its been paid but how do I receive the money

Thanks
:p

Comments

• leon103
    leon103 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    Oh sorry just checked and money is now in my account. it went in yesterday 15 days after she bought it. Is this how it works?

I was selling the book for £20. I received £17.95. She paid £22.50. £2.50 was for p&p do Amazon really take that much off you?
  • Mrs_Sparkle
    Mrs_Sparkle Posts: 1,805 Forumite
    Options
    Amazon fees really are that expensive, yes.

The seller would have paid Amazon at the time of sale but Amazon don't pay the money to you immediately. I think it comes through monthly- could be wrong, I've only just started selling and got paid once for 4 books.

Amazon are supposed to email you when a sale goes through but sometimes it fails- I had 2 sales last month that didn't generate an email and I saw them by chance when I was checking my listings.

HTH!
    Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
    currently: £13,353.25
    DFW Nerd 178
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • leon103
    Options
    Amazon fees really are that expensive, yes.

The seller would have paid Amazon at the time of sale but Amazon don't pay the money to you immediately. I think it comes through monthly- could be wrong, I've only just started selling and got paid once for 4 books.

Amazon are supposed to email you when a sale goes through but sometimes it fails- I had 2 sales last month that didn't generate an email and I saw them by chance when I was checking my listings.

HTH!

Thanks. Just read the Amazon thread. Its every 2 weeks
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a long thread on selling on Amazon over on the ebay forum (see my signature). If you look through that then you'll see that Amazon had some problems last week with emails not arriving as well as other glitches.

However, when someone buys a book the money hits your Amazon account immediately, and should then be shipped within 2 working days. The money then sits in your Amazon account until the two weekly payouts, which have been delayed this month.

If it seems that Amazon are having problems it might be worth a quick look through your transactions every day just to see if a book was sold that you received no email for.

Lots of important info on the Amazon thread though, so take a look.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • leon103
    Options
    soolin wrote:
    There is a long thread on selling on Amazon over on the ebay forum (see my signature). If you look through that then you'll see that Amazon had some problems last week with emails not arriving as well as other glitches.

However, when someone buys a book the money hits your Amazon account immediately, and should then be shipped within 2 working days. The money then sits in your Amazon account until the two weekly payouts, which have been delayed this month.

If it seems that Amazon are having problems it might be worth a quick look through your transactions every day just to see if a book was sold that you received no email for.

Lots of important info on the Amazon thread though, so take a look.

Soo

In the processes of doing it now.

I did try searching for the Amazon thread before posting this but I didn't come up on the first 2 pages of results.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport