Done It

Options
I had my appointment with CCCS this afternoon :T .If anyone is feeling anxious about theirs I can say that I found them really helpful & supportive - they didn't make me feel like a fool for getting in that situation in the first place!

It was a bit overwhelming having to write down all my debts and read them out to the woman over the phone but I did it and she has suggested a DMP - which I guessed would be the outcome. She seems to think that if I stick to it I will have paid everything in off in 4 years which seems too good to be true at the moment but I hope she's right :D

She also "increased" my budget for somethings (like food and school trips) which will give me a bit of flexibility.

I have been running away & hiding from some of these debts for so long now I can't believe that I have finally managed to face up to it. Just got to open that other bank account now!

R
Proud to be dealing with my debts
Debt Free by "sometime" in 2010:j
£2 Coin Savers Club £22 Started again after saving and spending £96 for Xmas :T

Comments

• Annie_Fanny
    Annie_Fanny Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Rarele!

Here's to a happy future!

Report back here whenever you want - we are all supporting you.

Annie
    Xx
    "Debt makes plans for you" - A quote from my friend Catherine. How true!
  • yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Facing up to your trouble is very hard sometime however once you realised you can not run away from it life become much easier. well done and all the best for the future.
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    well done and keep it up!. good luck with everything else 4 years is nothing!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • rarele
    rarele Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words :A

I've got to do it this time & as cattie1 said 4 years is nothing.

I'll be reading the forum on a daily basis to get tips & advice - I'm going to need it. I've never been good at sticking to a budget (obviously - otherwise I wouldn't be in this mess) so I'll definitely need some support. I'm starting to worry about Christmas :o - I think it will be a quiet one this year. I need to have a search for some cheap presents - any ideas for a 17 year old girl??!!

Thanks again
    R
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debt Free by "sometime" in 2010:j
    £2 Coin Savers Club £22 Started again after saving and spending £96 for Xmas :T
  • LittleL_4
    LittleL_4 Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :hello: glad you're feeling better after your appointment - I know I did too. It's a wee bitty messy for the next few weeks when you're creditors are informed but it will work out eventually. My bank are still being awkward but hopefully they'll accept. Anyway have a good weekend and keep us informed as to how things go.

Can't you buy a few things from e-bay for her? Like really nice perfumes for a fraction of the price/hair straighteners/bag/make-up/bubble bath/glitzy belts honestly the list is endless on there. I reckon you'd get 4 or 5 amazing items for less than £100!

L
    x
    Debt 28/12/06 £26,467
    £20 grocery challenge per week
    Savings £400
    £2 coins - £8.00
    DMP £357 pcm (CCCs) commenced 1/10/06
    DFD :think:
    proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories