We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Making a waterproof coat waterproof again
Comments
-
Hi, I used some of the wash in waterproofing solution on my waterproof trousers (cant remember the brand I used, sorry) and it didnt work. In fact it cost me about £5 and I think they were worse afterwards! I am going to try spray next. Interesting what Becky2812 says about the tumbledrying, maybe thats what I should have done. Bought the trousers in my pre-MSE days and they were expensive so I dont want to replace them.0
-
This may be a bit far out ..but there are a lot of Saddlers that now offer a laundry service to horsey people for their horses winter rugs, they also re-waterproof them. If you can find one it might be worth asking them if they will do it ? Like the Barber wax jackets.0
-
Aye I use Nikwax wash and the seperate re-waterproofer
JUST run the washer through an empty cycle to clean soap residue out<<thats the important thing, then put the coat through as per manufacturers instructions on the NikwaxThere are 10 kinds of people that understand binary
Those that do
Those that dont
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards