back from the brink - thanks to all your support...

Options
hello all,

some of you may remember me from a few weeks ago when you all kindly advised me....(the name has slightly changed because i couldnt remember my details and had to register again!)

anyway after listening to all your advice, I have been very positive. made some difficult phone calls that I have been putting off for ages, wrote some honest and realistic letters to debt companies and had a demanding visit from a bailiff!:o

I know a bailiffs visit doesnt seem positive, but i think it was the best thing that could have happened. It made me take action to prevent him coming back! I battled away, contacting and complaining and the council (whom I owed one bailiffs debt to) have agreed to take it back off the bailiffs and accepted a very reasonable payment plan. Whats more, the second debt, which I had been repaying at a crippling £60 per month, was finally cancelled! This was for a congestion charge ticket. I am exempt and after not having a response to my original letters, I gave up and paid, thinking I must have incurred some fees anyway. I now am expecting all money I paid back (and I am sending this straight to the council!!it all helps!)

I havent left out anything in my quest to solve these debts. I am very chuffed with myself and after spending the last week in hospital mulling things over, I am feeling much more empowered than I have for a long time!!

Any tips form anyone about earning cash from home would be great btw.......

Oh and I also got my old part time job back:j

So thanks all, I really genuinely mean that x
Outstanding Debt in September = £18082.33 Outstanding Debt in October = £17902.33

Debt Free Date = October 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport