Forum Home » Old Style MoneySaving

non-alcoholic mulled wine / gluehwein - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

non-alcoholic mulled wine / gluehwein

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
19 replies 23K views
2»

Replies

• CCStarCCStar Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Prune juice reminds me of mulled wine. Heat and mix in mulled wine spices.

Healthy and keeps you regular too!
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • we made a syrup of a cup of sugar dissolved in 2 cups of water with a couple of cinnamon sticks, the peel of 2 clementines and some nutmeg. this was brought to a boil, then simmered for 5 minutes. this was then strained. to this was added 2 litres of red grape juice and 100ml of lemon juice. this was simmered for 15 minutes. was delicious.
  • it's not as cheap as a recipe, but last year at a carol concert they served Bottle Green Spiced Berry cordial (the brand that does the great elderflower cordial) - we all actually thought it was alcoholic mulled wine! i've bought many a bottle since, and having tried non-alcoholic bevvies of all sorts (from non-alc whiskey to all the supermarket 0% lagers) i can say it's one of the best drinks to have all year round. cordial / water ratio is 1:12 i think so a bottle really lasts - trust me, you should try it :beer:
  • Jo4Jo4 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's not as cheap as a recipe, but last year at a carol concert they served Bottle Green Spiced Berry cordial (the brand that does the great elderflower cordial) - we all actually thought it was alcoholic mulled wine! i've bought many a bottle since, and having tried non-alcoholic bevvies of all sorts (from non-alc whiskey to all the supermarket 0% lagers) i can say it's one of the best drinks to have all year round. cordial / water ratio is 1:12 i think so a bottle really lasts - trust me, you should try it :beer:

Thanks for this. The 500ml bottle is supposed to be on offer in Sainsburys and Tesco at £2.50. I am going to try and get some on Friday and I'll get to try it on Saturday!! :j :beer:
  • it's not as cheap as a recipe, but last year at a carol concert they served Bottle Green Spiced Berry cordial (the brand that does the great elderflower cordial) - we all actually thought it was alcoholic mulled wine! i've bought many a bottle since, and having tried non-alcoholic bevvies of all sorts (from non-alc whiskey to all the supermarket 0% lagers) i can say it's one of the best drinks to have all year round. cordial / water ratio is 1:12 i think so a bottle really lasts - trust me, you should try it :beer:

I love the spicy berry cordial and would second this recommendation - i havent tried it warmed up but its great watered down with soda or sparkling water and yes a little goes a long way.
  • Mrs_CheshireMrs_Cheshire Forumite
    938 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco were doing a christmas food tasting and had the spicy berry cordial as a taster, was delicious. Was tempted to buy a bottle, may have to get some before the offer runs out!
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Ikea do a none alcoholic one, it's amazing and only something like £1.90 a bottle!
  • Jo4Jo4 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    M&S sell Mulled Punch for £1.99 a bottle. When they were offering a discount for purchasing 6 bottles of wine I purchased 6 bottles of wine and 6 bottles of Mulled Punch and I got the discount on both. :money: :j
  • FruballFruball Forumite
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mulled apple juice is far nicer (and I love my wine!)

Apple juice, star anise x 2, cinnamon stick, orange zest

Simple and gorgeous :)