Making a full and final offer

Options
I owe about £11,000 to HSBC which is currently in the hands of Metropolitan Collectoin Services who have been OK and agreed a token payment of £2 per month until I am 135

As the doctors have confirmed my disablement is permananat and because of it its a long shot that I will be able to work at my own senior managmement level again and earn a good salary.

After taking some advice its probably not worth declaring bankruptcy for £11K but I do have a small amount coming in around £3000 to £4000 from the disablement cover I got from my union.

I was thinking about offering this as a full and final settlement to Metropolitan but as its about a quarter of what I owe I am unsure how to proceed or if they will accept or throw it out of hand.

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I doubt that they would accept this, but you will not know unless you ask.
    Have a look at the letter templates on the National Debtline (link above) and use the appropriate letter.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    stuart264 wrote:
    I owe about £11,000 to HSBC which is currently in the hands of Metropolitan Collectoin Services who have been OK and agreed a token payment of £2 per month until I am 135

As the doctors have confirmed my disablement is permananat and because of it its a long shot that I will be able to work at my own senior managmement level again and earn a good salary.

After taking some advice its probably not worth declaring bankruptcy for £11K but I do have a small amount coming in around £3000 to £4000 from the disablement cover I got from my union.

I was thinking about offering this as a full and final settlement to Metropolitan but as its about a quarter of what I owe I am unsure how to proceed or if they will accept or throw it out of hand.

lol! Do you plan on being alive that long??
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family